The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Melobro update
MELOBAR GUITARS INC

Sweet, ID USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 1999 1:02 pm    

I'm really excited about this and since half of you guys are part of the Melobar family, I couldn't help but post it.
Paul Franklin just used the Melobro G-I (fiberglass Resonator model)on Steve Wariners new album. Paul called to tell me and said Steve had one comment, "do they make a fretted version?".
Pat Flynn heard it in the studio last week and ordered one.
Jeff Peterson with Clint Black is recording Austin City limits with one today.
I'll tell you guys, you've got to hear this guitar!

Ted

[This message was edited by MELOBAR GUITARS INC on 11-09-99]

Tom Ward

Port Charlotte, FL 33952
Post  Posted 10 Nov 1999 4:28 am    

Ted,
This is a reply to your last line..."You've got to hear this guitar". For all of us that can't be there to hear it how's chances of Melobar recording some songs or licks (demo) on cassette for sale (or promo) to interested parties like myself?
Tom

CaseyM

Nampa, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 1999 6:18 am    

Ted carries videos (free for the askin') on pretty much all his products. One of these days we may even get some RealAudio clips on the Web site that you can download .. who knows. For now get a video. You can get Ted's number and e-mail from the Melobar Web site.

Casey

Andy Alford

Post  Posted 12 Nov 1999 4:16 am    

Ted,
Thanks for the up dates on your Melobro-G-1.It sounds like you have brought us the future again.This is what we need for our gigs and recordings.I am amazed at the sound quality of your guitars.Ted you are producing the steels that sound like the treasures we all dream about.When I play a gig you can bet the Rattler will be played along with the Fender Triple Neck.Everyone on the Forum needs to check out your guitars.

MELOBAR GUITARS INC

Sweet, ID USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 1999 9:54 am    

Andy, I appreciate that kind of compliment but I am uncomfortable with it. There are a lot of people who've made all the new Melobar products happen and I don't deserve that kind of praise. Carl Neeley brought the fiberglass idea to me 2 years ago and I was not eager to try it but Paul Beard and several players talked me into it. Give Carl the credit there. And all the new guitars have been from other players ideas. We just build what you ask for. People like Jon and Mikey and Bob and countless others have had input that have made these things work. They deserve the praise.
Ted