The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NEW PHOTO from CFR - Mike Johnson & Rhonda Vincent
Rhonda Vincent

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2014 9:00 pm    

Two weeks in a row, I've been privileged to appear with Mike Johnson and the incredible musicians and cast who worked on the new Country's Family Reunion series. I missed the Ray Price Tribute, when Buddy Emmons was on set. But today was a real highlight, listening to the amazing steel work of Mike Johnson on the "Honky Tonk" Reunion. I was wishing I had a dance partner on every song. Mike Johnson was spectacular, but then he always is. There was something extra special about today. Honky Tonk was a perfect theme. I KNOW you're going to love it! Here's a photo with Mike from last week during the "Sweethearts" series. Mike was looking extra spiffy on that day. All gussied up. I think it's a great look to go with his great playing. For a chance to meet the entire band, join us on the Country's Family Reunion Cruise sailing January 31, 2015 from Miami. My band will also be aboard, and we'll be hosting jam sessions. I hope you'll join us and bring your instrument. www.cfrcruise.com

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2014 10:20 pm    

How cool is that!

Go to the Forum, see a post from Rhonda Vincent, with a great pic with Mike Johnson and all the news about new CFR videos to come out soon. Perfect way to start the day! Very Happy

Thanks, Rhonda!

Best Regards, Walter

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2014 10:22 pm    

Have had the privilege of meeting Mike and hearing him play twice at Dallas, his playing and tone are spectacular, but beyond that what a great guy he is.He is one of the most friendly guys around, and is also one of the most humble.Would give my right arm to be on that cruise, but cost of trip from here is prohibitive.Hope you will make Dallas this year,you and Joanie were sorely missed last year.Best regards from all your fans this side of the pond. Very Happy
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 2:15 am    

I have seen Mike play at the Texas show twice. His playing was fabulous and he was so very friendly. Let me say his wife Joanie was as friendly and is a fantastic singer and bass player. Looks like they are just an all around great couple. Thanks Rhonda for posting the picture and joining our steel guitar family.

Floyd Lowery

Deland, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 4:32 am    

You are both Looking Real Good. I enjoy Mike's picking. He has come a long way since I met him at Lois' Horseshoe Bar in Ensley(west Birmingham)He was picking good then, and his family band was great.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 11:53 am    

Rhonda, that's a great photo! Mike is a great steel player and you are an amazing singer and musician!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 2:16 pm    

Two of my favorite artists. Nice photo, thanks Rhonda!

pdl20

Benton, Ar . USA,
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 10:45 pm     Rhonda and Mike

two of the best for sure. Very Happy
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2014 12:02 am    

2 most beautiful and talented people!

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2014 10:00 am    

Very, very coooool !!!

Sincerely,
Chris "Tiny" O.

Todd Goad

Gray, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2014 2:48 pm    

Great picture of you both Rhonda!! This is what I'm talking about Idea You both are very talented an a joy to listen to.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 3:09 am    

Rhonda , great post..I certainly agree..How about bring him along on a couple of those Rhonda and the Rage sets ! Shake things up on that BG stage ! Smile

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 12:02 pm    

Not only is Mike Johnson one of the most innovative steel players ever, (and one of the kindest and nicest human beings I've ever met) he has found the answer to immortality. He just doesn't age in the least and still retains his boyish good looks. I look old enough to be his dad's dad, and I am probably only 10 years older than him. How the hell does he do it?? Laughing Laughing

PS
Mike's instrumental track (Jesus Is) The Lighthouse on the Show Pros CD just slays me every time I listen to it. His choice of notes, bar accuracy in the high registers and above all THAT tone, just phenomenal. It doesn't matter what guitar he plays, he just makes it sound incredible and has done so for many years.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 12:51 pm    

cruise with a jam sessions on board? now that sounds like my kind of cruise... some people want water slides on the ship, some swimming pools, I'd like to have jam sessions .... and maybe a bar Cool

db

John Coffman

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2014 5:09 am    

Tommy said it all. I always try to see both of these outstanding performers anytime I can.

John DeBoalt

Harrisville New York USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2014 7:05 am    

I've seen Rhonda perform in person a number of times at various bluegrass festivals going all the way back to her days with her mom, and dad in The Sally Mountain Show. Watching, and listening to Mike in person is still up there in my bucket list. It's always a treat to see both of them for sure, in person or on TV
John
Wechter Scheernhorn Reso, Deneve Reso, Fender Jazzmaster, Martin D16, Walker Stereo Steel amp, TC Electronics M One effects unit, JBL 15" speaker cabs,Peavey Nashville 1000,Peavey Revoloution 112, Morrell Lap Steel, Boss DD3 delay,others