The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Yamaha AW-2400 recorder and my latest home recording setup
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2007 2:53 pm    

Here's a pic of my latest home recording setup and a few links where I hope to share my setup and ideas with others.

Some background info from my first few months is Here.

My latest setup and some more tips I've learned are
Here.

Click here to listen to the latest song done on this setup.

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2007 5:09 am    

Greg, nice setup. I too am a fan of the Aw series as I use the AW2816 ( cousin to the AW4416) and have been considering the AW2400 primarily for the PC interfacing and the ability to keep all the stuff I have and move it forward.

The learning curve on these units is STEEP but worth the effort as they really offer an incredible amount of stuff in a 14" x 14" plastic box.

The one thing I did do with the Aw2816 was to return to the 16 bit recording format from 24 bit recording, at the time I felt it was very stiff, who knows maybe I need to go back to 24 bit again and re-think the process.

Maybe it was me that was stiff Sad

Nice stuff Greg, nice work you do..

tp

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2007 6:08 am    

Thanks, Tony, for the reply. The Yamaha stuff is very good but I feel it is a bit overpriced relative to the competition.

Today (7/31/07) is the last day to order the AW2400 and get a free pair of HS80M monitors direct from Yamaha. A pair of these normally go for $700 discount at stores and $589 on ebay. MF also is offering a free Sennheiser condenser mic with the AW2400.

A note about how I use these monitors. I always record with the headphones on and the monitors turned off. When I listen to playbacks or do final mixes, I always sit in a chair facing the monitors at about 4' away and again at 14' away. The monitors are pretty useless while your sitting at the steel guitar. Like most people, I have to deal with a few space constraints!

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2007 1:26 pm    

Greg I do exactly the same, record everything in the cans and then sit back and listen thru the 5" monitors when it's all said and done.

I spoke with the Yamaha factory rep a week or two back and told him exactly what you said, nice stuff, way overpriced compared to whats on the markets now.

I bought a Boss Micro BR to use as a practice tool a few weeks back..$200 with features to the Moon..

thats what I'm talkin' about'

tp