The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MP3's
Chris Dufrane

Constable, NY, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2000 1:41 pm    

I down loaded a few MP3's by Mike Headrick. When I played them first to listen to, they played in Win Amp, so I started to download and got cut off from the internet by my internet server. I started to down load them the next day and completed three down loads. I put them in My Documents and started to play them and for some reason they are in media player format and will not play in Real Player or Win Amp. Is there any way I can change this to make them play in Real Player or Win Amp. I would like to eventually convert all these files to wav files. Could some one please help me? Thank you in advance...
Chris

[This message was edited by Chris Dufrane on 30 July 2000 at 02:57 PM.]

Bill Crook

Goodlettsville, TN , Spending my kid's inheritance
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2000 7:47 am    

Search for a program called "MP3-2-WAV". It will convert a mp3 file to a wav file, at NO loss of quality. I use it all the time.

In reference to Mike Headrick's CD, I think that it is a great product !! I was really impressed as to the quality of this CD. Not like the usual "recorded on a Radio Shack machine" that I normally hear on the MP3.com stuff. Mike has a superb knowledge of this axe and really demonstrates his abilities to transfer from one cord to another, while mantaining a smooth transition without a "In your face kind of change". I highly recommend this CD to any budding Steel player.

If you cain't find it,(MP3-2-WAV.EXE) I will e-mail it to you, but beings that it is a large file , it may take you a few moments to receive it at 56k or less speed.

Just a thought, Find some stuff by David Weaver, out of CA, He is is another gifted player. I have copied a good bit of his style, along with Mike's chopps.

I am endebted to them both for a learning experience I may have not gotton otherwise.

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2000 7:14 pm    

Bill, I could also use this MP3-2-WAV file. Appreciate it if you could send it to me as I can't find it on here. THANKS.. Buck

Bill Nauman

Cresco,Pa,USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2000 3:55 pm    

Mike Headrick is a great player, I just discovered him...also there is a link at the bottom of his page on the right corner to link to David Spires....Gary Carter who works with Faith Hill also has downloadable Mp3 songs...watch out for him tho ..he is deep! I use Music Match to play mp3 wavs...also if you are running other programs while trying to listen...you may hear skips and things...exit programs that you dont need while listening ..especially ram files(streaming audio) ...tune in to my radio show on www.live365.com search for bnlv in lower case letters for traditional country music...also listen to my all steel instrumental show ...search for emmons84
All the best ...Bill in Vegas

------------------

David Pennybaker

Conroe, TX USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2000 5:27 pm    

You need to modify the file association of your MP3 files.

To modify a file type

In My Computer or Windows Explorer, on the View menu, click Folder Options.

Click the File Types tab.

Click the file type you want to modify, and then click Edit.(look for Winamp file)

Use one of the filetypes that is properly set up for Winamp, and use it as a guide for creating the MP3 extension.
_________

Or, it may be easier just to re-install WinAmp. There's a new version out now.

To convert the MP3 to wave files, do the following.

With the cursor on WinAmp, type Ctrl-P to bring up the preferences.

Under Plug-Ins, click on Output.

Then click on Null-Soft Disk Writer plugin.

Click Configure to select the directory to which the .wave file will be written.

Click close.

Now, when you play an MP3 file, it will be written to a .wav file in the directory you selected.

To listen instead of writing the .wav files, go back to the Output Plugins and select the Nullsoft waveOut plugin, and click close again.

OK, I just went through the procedure to double-check it, and it works.

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons
http://members.xoom.com/dpennybaker/index.htm