The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Your Honest Opinion
dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2003 7:03 pm    

Could some or all give me some insight on how much a 1975 Rosewood Emmons,D10,8 pedals is worth, no knees,it's exactly as it was when it was bought new,it's in MINT CONDITION,not a scratch on it.The case does'nt have a mark or blimish on it.The guitar has all the original paper work and reciept with it,it has never been in a bar,it was in a church from the time the guy bought it until he died.This guitar is not even broken in.....so what do you steelers think it's worth?

------------------
Dan Layne

Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2003 7:44 pm    

I'll suggest you call Bobbe Seymour. He is VERY interested in unmodified push-pull guitars and can help you determine the value and possibly help you sell it if that's what you have in mind.

------------------
Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
2003 Fessenden S/D-12 8x8, 1969 Emmons S-12 6x6, 1971 Dobro, Standel and Peavey Amps

dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2003 7:56 am    

Thanks Larry,I don't own the guitar,but I know who has it and might be interested in buying it from him,but I have no idea how much a guitar like this is worth.I don't want to insult him with an offer when it may be worth more and I don't want to pay to much,which is why I'v started this post.

------------------
Dan Layne

Bob Carlson

Surprise AZ.
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2003 7:28 am    

Find out what it will cost to get at least four knees installed and go from there.

Bob

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2003 7:47 am    

If my memory serves me, in 1975 at least 2, if not 4, knee levers were standard on the Emmons guitar.

Regardless, IMHO a 1975 Emmons is not yet a "collectible" but is still regarded as a "player" guitar, so to bring it up to current criteria, 4 knee levers need to be added. Probably at a cost +/- $600, which would of course be figured into the ultimate selling price.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2003 8:14 am    

Thanks everyone,Herb,the gentleman that bought this guitar might have ordered this PP without knees because I looked underneath and there are no holes drilled in the red flocking to show any signs of any modification or removing of any parts.

------------------
Dan Layne