Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2006 10:29 am    

To make your steel guitar listening pleasure easier to obtain,
just click here

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 13 June 2006 at 11:31 AM.]

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2006 10:49 am    

Hey Bobbe; did you get my email from last night??Sorry if my emails haven't got through???
Ricky

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 13 Jun 2006 5:34 pm    

Yes Ricky, and I answered it Tuesday evening, I enjoyed your email and am very glad to see how much you are playing, you must be a millionaire by now!
Best wishes and keep continue to make good steel guitar music.

Bobbster

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2006 6:47 am    

Hi Bobbe, did you get the albums I sent ?
Baz

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 17 Jun 2006 4:08 pm    

Wow Basil, no, I have not yet. I'm VERY anxious to get them though, May I have them played on the 24/hour streaming?

I have heard your playing and truthfully enjoy it greatly. Makes me quite ashamed of a poorly thought out remark I made several months ago about not having heard your work.

You are a true professional and wonderful entertainer.

I need and want your CDs, so I'll be looking for them to arrive soon,

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2006 4:58 pm    

Be expecting them soon, I posted them almost 3 weeks ago, just before I went to Tenerife.
I presume that the shop address will get you, maybe they're just waiting to be liberated from the 'In Box' !!
I sent the CD's for you perusal AND possible inclusion in the programming of the 24/hour streaming.

Birmingham Symphony Hall Concert today, I'll be opening the show and playing my Fender PS-210. The show's at 7:00Pm, but we start to set up at 9:00AM (7Hours from now)
I am the musical director for the show and will be 'Having a Ball" with my steels. I will also be using one of my 1970 D-10 P/P's and my Stringmaster 3x8 as well as 'Resonator Guitar' and ?harmony? vocals. This year I'm also singing a duet with Bob, I do the JC bit on 'Johnny Cash Revisited'..

When I'm playing tonight I will imagine that I'm representing the steel guitar fraternity to the audience. Most of whom are familiar with steel guitar as they are members of our fan club. I fact they are REALLY dedicated fans, 172 of them went to Tenerife for our week long charity concerts and golf classic.

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2006 6:18 pm    

Bobbe- I cliked on your site and it wont play at this time. yesterday it did. anything wrong on your end? I like the music you are playing, I gather it is a lot of your own playing and it sure is tops. thanks..al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 19 Jun 2006 9:16 am    

Al, It's working great, try it again,

Bobbe

Will Bartell

Medford, Oregon USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2006 1:07 pm    

Hey Bobbe, is there a media player that shows the artist? My default is Windows Media Player, and it just says "SteelGuitar".
It would sure be nice to know who some of the lesser known pieces are done by. Thanks.

Will

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 20 Jun 2006 2:18 pm    

We are just changing the playlist again, out of 143 songs, all but seven are myself, and why you ask? Because its my computer! Ha!

However, here is the good and funny part, there are interviews of 20 of the steel worlds greatest, most influentual players mixed in with the music, so this should be interesting. Guys like JD Maness, Sneaky Pete, Jim Vest, Howard White, Jerry Byrd and the list goes on.

Bobbster

Will Bartell

Medford, Oregon USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2006 2:09 pm    

The guy with the most marbles wins...

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 22 Jun 2006 2:06 pm    

Problem is, Iv'e lost most of mine.

NOW, finally, we have the interviews being broadcast, Billy Robinson was just on, he was playing with most every artist in Nashville in the 40's and 50's. A great interview with a great guy!

About every 8 songs an interview comes up, don't miss your favorite players slant on the business, a lot of funny stuff here. I had to be funny, I'm the interviewer.

Besides, I own the marbles,

Bobbe

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 23 June 2006 at 08:11 PM.]

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2006 3:36 pm    

I have to say that really enjoyed the interviews in the last few days of listening. I was away on a salmon fishing trip, and the room I was staying in had a computer with nice speakers. Every morning after coming off the river, I'd put on the streaming audio and listen to all the great stories and information from some legendary players as I drifted in and out of sleep. This is not only entertaining; these interviews are very important to the preservation of steel guitar history. This is essential listening for anyone interested in listening to steel players talk as well as play.

BTW, I got my fish. (I had to sneak that in there, seeing that there's nowhere to post this kind of news. )

Robert Deaton

Post  Posted 13 Jul 2006 5:01 pm    

Bobbe,I realize being on dial up is slow and sometimes has a few bugs,but when I click on this site my real player just plays spurts....can I listen some other way?
I love your playing,and really enjoy the rythmatic cd.
Thanks,robert

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2006 7:45 pm    

Bobe-I cliked on your site, Windows Media Player,and it buffers, then starts again, with a litte voice or music than stops and buffers again.

On "Steel Radio" in Winamp everything plays fine with no slow buffering. So I can't hear all your fine music, unless it is on steel radio, apparently.....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/