The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Free Steel Guitar Chat-room
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2006 8:48 pm    

I believe the old Steel Guitar Chat-room recently moved and became a paid-membership site. I'm too cheap to use pay chat-rooms so I don't log on there. However, It looks as if Sweet Southern Sounds is still offering a FREE Steel Guitar Chatroom not requiring paid membership fees. Great news for tight-wads like me. I'll be logging on once in awhile and would like some of you guys to join me so we can talk Steels. Oh, did I mention it's FREE! Just go to http://www.sweetsouthernsounds.com/
then click on STEEL GUITAR ROOM, type in your name and log in. Hope to see some of ya over there. Nick

[This message was edited by Nick Reed on 03 May 2006 at 04:40 AM.]

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 3 May 2006 2:02 am    

Nick, I notice that is a "voice" only chat room.

Strange as it may seem to some, and especially being a "techie", I've never connected a mic to my PC and have never used a voice chat IM.

Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2006 3:27 am    

Jack,
I tried it out last night and it seems to work either way. It's just like the old chat-room was. You can either use voice or text. All it seems to need now is people to log on and use it. NR

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 3 May 2006 6:34 am    

Nick, it also requres installing an Active X plug-in which I don't want to do.

Calvin Walley

colorado city colorado, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2006 6:49 am    

i just tried it with text only and it worked fine ..so count me in

calvin

Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2006 7:56 am    

I beleive the suggested donation for the chat room is $5 a month...so for $30 thats six months and it goes for the bandwith, it aint like anybodys getting rich over there from the chat room. Given the number of quality knowledgable people hanging out there, the excellent seminars, etc.... I find it an extreme bargain. Ive learned alot there. Not sayin the free room aint cool too, just sayin I think the pay chat room is still an incredible bargain and a great place filled with truly wonderful folks. Im only sorry i dont have time to hang out there more often. Cheers.

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2006 9:29 am    

ok I just joined up, but I'll just be typing.

Ron !

Post  Posted 3 May 2006 11:39 am    

Hey Nick.

I have to hand it to ya my friend you know how to do it.We will be there.Karen and I were moderators from that site a half year ago.We put a lot of time in that.We sure will be there.Larry Simpson has a great site and we will help him in any way that we can.
Quote:
I think the pay chat room is still an incredible bargain and a great place filled with truly wonderful folks.

Ben...it's what we make of it.b0b's fee is $5....just look at the info you get from this site..

Like you said Nick....this is a free chatroom.It has great features......

Count us in Buddy....

Karen and Ron

------------------

Click here to E-mail us.

Karen Kaylee Records
KRS D-10 10x8, KRS SD10 4x6 EMMONS P/P S10 3x5 Peavey Session 400 LTD, Peavey Ultra 15" Peavey All Tube 15"
Fender Twin Reverb Hilton Volumepedal

[This message was edited by Ronald Steenwijk on 03 May 2006 at 12:43 PM.]

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 3 May 2006 4:17 pm    

Fellas
Larry simpson is an up standing guy but this Ron steenwijk is another story Just Beware.. Ron you never had anything to do with "OUR" Chat room nor did Karen
Larry made you a moderator because you wouldnt leave him alone About it .
Ray walker & Don Poland went out on there own so as they could moderate our room on an as needed basis without a third party involved they are charging $5.00 a yr for the cost of "BAND WIDTH ONLY" Ron / Karen Please dont Dis Our Chat room on this forum its not nice..
Boo Miller

Ron !

Post  Posted 3 May 2006 9:53 pm    

Al...you drag my name through the mud and afterwards you ask me not to Dis your chatroom.Wich I didn't do in the first place.And if you say that karen and I were not moderators then that's your say.I know better.So do a lot of people.Second of all you don't even know me,so why do you tell people that they have to beware of me?You owe me an apology.

Ron

[This message was edited by Ronald Steenwijk on 05 May 2006 at 06:42 AM.]

Karen Hawk

Western Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2006 10:07 pm    

Mr.Miller. I have sat back and taken all I need to about this so called chat room, and listened to replies that are not correct by any means. I think before you make any comments here or anywhere else, you should be advised that my husband and I are not going to be fall guys. This is enough! I can only say this out of respect fr bob here on the forum. This so called slander of words to each other is not going anywhere. I was moderater for this so called chat room on my time,to try and promote this so called sight. I did it on my time, and did it well. I made alot of friends there, and, tried to promote steel guitars. I did the best I could, but, it seems that wasnt good enough. If you and , your so calledstaff want the real reason why I am no longer there, you e=mail me. |Lets put a stop here now. This is for steelers that want to learn an art, not have dirty pictures. I rest my case.

karenkaylee@hotmail.com

[This message was edited by Karen Hawk on 03 May 2006 at 11:10 PM.]

Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2006 6:32 am    

Boo,
Regardless of how Ron & Karen may have got to be moderators on that chat-room is insugnificant. You were totally out of line with the insults you posted about Ron. I don't see where he did anything wrong in what he said. I really think you owe him a public apology. Nick

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 6 May 2006 8:09 am    

Live & let live

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 May 2006 10:58 pm    

Same old crap ! Let's not start it up again. If you're too cheap or just don't want to pay the DONATION, then by all means go to the free room. I don't see why a person cannot use them both. No hard feelings on this end, I got along with Karen and Ron when I was there and I get along fabulously with Don and Ray Walker.Anyway, the prime interest is STEEL GUITAR and not personalities, Guys and gals, Let's just live and let live and try and support each other. We only hurt ourselves with this stuff.
LET STEEL GUITAR RULE !

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF www.geocities.com/squire592001/jason.html