The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Chat Room to Host Mike Sweeney
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2006 6:03 am    

As many of you know, Mike Sweeney did a great session "live" in the room some time back. He covered many topics from beginner to pro level questions and did some live playing. Well he's coming back by popular demand folks. That's right...it went over so good and was so well received that I have asked Mike to do it again and he has graciously agreed. Here's the great part. If you have your steel set up around your computer Mike will be actually telling you how he does certain licks and you can actually apply what he says right then and there to your own steel and if you still have a question Mike will be happy to answer it. This is an unheard of opportunity to get a few new licks and a lot of help on technique. The session will be February 28 at 9:00 EASTERN time so you guys and gals on the West Coast can join in too. Set a little time aside and don't miss this wonderful opportunity to come in and have a great time.

Also, if you haven't been in the chat room in a while you should stop in within the next couple weeks as some changes are being made that you will need to know about. It is important.

Finally, I have talked with Jerry Brightman, and he has agreed to schedule another session as well. Also I have talked with Tom Brumley who has agreed to make an appearance and share a lot with eveyone there. And while there are too many more to name....I can promise you that there will be many new surprising guest this year that will surely make you want to stop by and visit. So don't forget....Tuesday night February 28th at 9:00 Eastern time...Bring a note pad and set up your guitar and get ready to get those licks, techniques, and questions answered.

Ray Walker
Steel Guitar Chat Room www.sweetsouthernsounds.com

Finally, for those of you who really like the great sound of country music and miss hearing a lot of the old tunes where steel guitar was included a lot more please visit www.originalcountryradio.com
You'll be glad that you did

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 12 Feb 2006 5:00 am    

up

Larry Lorows

Zephyrhills,Florida, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2006 5:14 am    

Hi Ray, I just marked 2/28 on the calender, so I'll be there. Can't wait. I missed the last one. Larry

------------------
U12 Williams keyless 400
Evans SE 150, Nashville 112, Line 6 pod xt

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 18 Feb 2006 4:29 am    

The room is filling up for this session with Mike and I knew it would. Make plans on attending and learn some things or just enjoy the friendship and chat among your fellow steel guitar players

Ray Walker

Robby Springfield

Viola, AR, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2006 5:20 pm    

I wish I could join you guys for Mike's session as I know it will be great. Although my banker will be glad I'm working, I will miss being able to join the fun.

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2006 9:42 am    

Ray....I'm gonna miss that session also, as it is the 26th anniversary for me and my wife.....but you have a great time and let say a big a "hello" to all in the room for me.......HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 5) 95 Carter 9 & 7 Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, 2 Racks w/Evans Pre-amps, Lexicon MPX500 & MPX550; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp; Nashville 400. Steelers Choice seat with back rest and side-kick.

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 20 Feb 2006 5:12 am    

Hey Robby...for goodness sake work hard buddy so that you can make a little time for your next session with us in the chat room. Everyone had a great time. Hal take care of the wife. Well I have talked to Mike and this will prove to be a great session for everyone. There will be something for all levels of players and some really great topics. If you want some serious info keep a pad and pen by your side because at the end you can ask those questions that hopefully you wrote down. As for me...I will not only have the pen and pad but I will have my rig set up by the computer so I can try some of the things he will be discussing. So let's all come in and have a good time and share the fun.

Ray Walker
Steel Guitar Chat Room
Walker Seats

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 26 Feb 2006 3:58 am    

Coming up on us soon....this Tuesday night...It don't matter who you are...set your rig up close to your computer and I bet there is a lick or a tip for anyone regarless of what level you may be playing at. Mike keeps things very interesting.

Ray Walker

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 27 Feb 2006 9:12 am    

bump

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2006 6:19 am    

WOW!! Cant wait for this one. Mike Sweeney has to be classified as one of the best steelers on this old globe. A tremendous player with a background to match. His new Zum guitar has to be one of the best sounding axes around. You'll be able to hear the Chalker influence when Mike cranks it up I guarantee. If you missed his first effort, here's your chance to play catch up. Sic 'em Mike. Sure wish you were playing in the Texas show next week. Maybe someday the folks that need to will wake up and your butt will fit in one of the seats.
Phred

------------------
"From Truth, Justice is Born"--Quanah Parker-1904