The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sneaky Pete
John Daugherty

Rolla, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2006 4:24 am    

Thanks to Anita Kleinow,Sneaky Petes' daughter, an interesting recording is now on my website.
In 1968, Pete was commissioned to make a complete sound track for vocalist John Braydon. Pete is the sole musician,playing all parts on the soundtrack. This is interesting because "effects devices" for guitars were very limited at the time.
The recording was released in 1969. The title is "Song For Raymondo", with vocal by John Brayden.
I do not know if Pete used any instruments other than steel guitar on this recording. Perhaps Anita can come up with that information and post it here.
You can hear this recording by going to my website, "sound clips", Artist: Sneaky Pete.

------------------
www.phelpscountychoppers.com/steelguitar

Anita Kleinow

Joshua Tree,California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2006 6:10 am    

Thanks John, for putting this song on your website. This was recorded at A&M Records. Henry Lewy was the producer and when Sneaky was asked to add steel guitar, Sneaky suggested that he play all the instruments with his steel guitar. Henry agreed and all were quite happy with the results. It is an amazing recording, as this was 1968 and Moog had either just come out with or was soon going to be coming out with his synthesizer!

Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2006 9:27 pm    

Neat! Thanks John and Anita. John, your Bio. mentions you played at Georges Roundup in Long Beach, --probably crossed paths there at sometime. It was very different around here back then. ~JZ~