The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WOW ! What A Chatroom
John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2005 8:54 pm    

Man this steel chat room is something else. We have some very impromptu discussions. tonight we
had at least 4 great teachers teaching us at one time. Mike Sweeney, Robby Springfield,
Jerry Brightman, and Bobby Bowman, among others. We got into a discussion and teaching session about
theory, major chord triads, inversions, minor chords, and a lot of other good stuff.
I'd swear there was a couple of hundred dollars worth of teaching and all for free !
These guys are so gracious and giving of their time and knowledge and I'd like to personally
thank each and every one of them. I've gained a wealth of knowledge in this chat room
and couldn't have gotten it any other way. With all these teachers at one time, we got
better explainations than ever would be possible any other way. What one would leave out or forget, another would add it to the session. It opened the door so much for me that I can't
imagine the worth at this time. All of our discussions are not this technical, some are
trivial, some serious, some funny, and a lot of great steel music is to be heard. You never know what you'll find or who might drop in. You owe it to yourself to check it out. Just click
this link and sign in. http://67.19.231.218/v4/login.asp?r=1ad046c4&p=0
I've never been in there that I didn't enjoy myself, and I'm there most every evening.
Come on down and give us a look. Be glad to have you join us.

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF www.geocities.com/squire592001/jason.html

Russ Little

Hosston,Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2005 10:48 pm    

I agree John
Nice post, a great chat room
more information there than you can
retain.The more the merrier.
You won't find a better bunch of guys.
Robbie springfield will have a session
there wed. nite. tune in

Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2005 5:36 am    

Just to correct a minor detail, Robby Springfield is scheduled for Tuesday the 18th at 9:00 Eastern. Everybody mark your calanders

It was a very enjoyable evening with Jerry, Bobby, Mike, and Robby spreading their wealth of knowledge. Thanks a bunch guys!!

------------------
1974 MSA D10 Classic 8+5
If you ain't steelin' it, you ain't feelin' it !!

www.steelin4fun.com

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2005 6:44 am    

John P. couldnt be put any better than you posted. Finally, a tremendous chat room where one can enjoy oneself without fear of being ridiculed or intimidated by anyone. Not allowed there, it's just that simple. Come on in, the water's fine.
Phred

Ron Whitworth

Yuma,Ariz.USA Yeah they say it's a DRY heat !!
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2005 8:10 am    

Are any of these discussions archived by chance? I would love to hear what has already been discussed that i missed.Ron

Russ Little

Hosston,Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2005 9:59 am    

Don Thanks,
for correcting me. I was a little to hastey
in my post.

And Ron , lots of people recorder the past
events.
I know Don Poland did and I did also.
I'd be glad to send it to you in email
if you would like

Russ

Don Benoit

Okanagan Falls, BC
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2005 11:40 am    

I just looked at it briefly. Who runs it?

------------------
http://www.steelguitar.ca

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Ron !

Post  Posted 13 Oct 2005 12:16 pm    

No reason to fight....

[This message was edited by Ronald Steenwijk on 26 October 2005 at 04:16 PM.]

Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2005 6:51 pm    

I'd just like to say,i've never been in anything like this,to where there is sometimes 45 or more,asking questions,and such great knowledge.This is worth a fortune to steelers,advanced,and beginners tooo. farris

Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2005 5:57 am    

Many new and exciting things have been happening in the Steel Guitar Room and as mentioned above.... folks can get a dose of some of the knowledge that others have with respect to styles and techniques. In the room you will meet some of the folks whom you have seen post here on the Forum and many others you have not met. The great part is that you can actually talk to them in the room. There are simply too many people coming and going for me to name them all but the best way is for you to simply stop by and visit as so many have done and make the decision to come back again if you have a good time and I know you are going to. Just go to www.sweetsouthernsounds.com if you are visiting for the first time. You must download the ivocalize conferencing when it appears (seconds). Then you can simply enter the site and look for the steel guitar room and click on it. Simply enter your first and last name and come on in and enjoy. If you need help with the sound or how to talk live just ask...someone will always help you. In the
room you will enjoy great steel guitar music(some of it live) and great conversation with fellow steel players. All we have ever asked is that you be good boys and girls and remember that the rules are pretty simple. Don't talk ugly...since you can hear the conversation... someone's child may be listening. Don't make this your political soap box...it takes the fun out of the room. Respect one another. How simple can it get??? This is why this room is a popular gathering place for everyone from the novice to the pro players. If this is what you enjoy...by all means join in the fun...if not...we'd rather you go somewhere else.
Finally...the room is not NOW in my hands but has always been. The vision for this room has always been what it is today. A great place for all steel guitar players and listeners to come and enjoy a no stress time out for great conversation and great steel guitar music. Larry Simpson designed the room for myself and Boo Miller. Boo is on the road most of the time and was not able to participate as he would have liked and so I have continued with the original vision. We have room moderators in the room most of the time to help you with questions you may have. They also help to insure that the room runs as we designed it to and by the "very simple" rules I have just outlined. I guess in this day and time it's sometimes hard to imagine that something can be this fun and you don't have to worry about all of the negativity in life. The Steel Guitar Forum right here is another great example. So keep them both clean and fun sites and they will last.
There is also a billboard in the site that shows you timed events so that you can plan the times you want to come in. Recently we have had siminars hosted by Jerry Brightman...who was there way past the time he originally agreed and answered qiestions for all who wanted to ask. Mike Sweeney was there recently to discuss style and techniques as well as voicing...set-up etc.etc. Chuck Campbell did a session last Tuesday night about band in the box and how to use it with your steel and even record your voice. As I mentioned we have many new events coming up and you can see them listed when you stop in to visit.

And let me say this....it's not my room...it's YOUR" room..enjoy it and keep it cleaned up...cause ya never know when company's comin'

Ray Walker

[This message was edited by Ray Walker on 14 October 2005 at 07:02 AM.]

Robby Springfield

Viola, AR, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2005 5:57 am    

I'd just like to say how much I have enjoyed being a part of a few of the discussions and I am really looking forward to the 18th. Thanks guys!

Robby

Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2005 6:06 am    

That's right.... Robby has agreed to share with everyone his techniques...style...etc etc...on the 18th of this month at 9:00 eastern time. He will answer all of your questions and hopefully share some of his licks

I am looking forward to that Robby

Ray Walker

Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2005 8:47 am    

Never mind, this does not belong here.

[This message was edited by Farris Currie on 14 October 2005 at 10:18 AM.]

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2005 4:56 pm    

Hey Guys !!
I Spoke with Ray Walker this morning .. and he told me of all the good things this chat site has been doing and will continue to do for players world wide young and old, novice to pro .. I Turned This room over to ray Many Months Ago Because Of My Schedule and not being in one place for more than a month .. Ray Is A Great Human Being And Loves The Steel Guitar Community and what it stands for.. and im proud i made the decision to have ray take this over i new he wouldnt let it just die out ,and he would take it to another level.. Ronald Steenwijk and karen Hawk Had Nothing to do With This Room to my Knowlege.. Karen was A Listener I believe in the Early stages of the room this ronald person is a stranger too to me and i had never heard his name until i saw his post in this thread.. so there you have it folks Ray Walker is your STEEL GUITAR CHAT ROOM HOST, MODERATER and whatever else goes with that title .. just obey the rules and have fun with it I think and always have that this could be a wonderful venue to meet new friends learn a new lick or tuning and heck You might even just have fun I love ya all and wish you boys and gals all the best i will try harder to stop in from time to time to say hey ..
BOO MILLER
Pedal Steel Guitar

Curt Shoemaker

Ionia, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2005 4:12 pm    

I would like to invite everyone to check out the chat room. Good information is being shared, not to mention the great steel music, and conversation.Just sign in and let the fun begin.

[This message was edited by Curt Shoemaker on 26 October 2005 at 07:55 AM.]

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2005 5:53 pm    

Now we are talking, get it
Larry

Herman Visser

Rohnert Park, California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2005 8:44 pm    

This is a great place (I mean the chatroom.)

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2005 4:15 pm    

I've connected a few times. It's a lot of fun.

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2005 7:46 am    

I signed on for the first time last night, and can see where it can be a lot of fun , talking to the guys and the music.

I had some problems with my computer Mic, I could hear the talking, but they couldn't hear me. Bobby Bowman, Fred Shannon and Don Poland gave me instructions to check out which I did. Thanks guys....

I finally think I got that resolved , so I expect to sign in again in the future.....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2005 8:11 am    

Al, glad to see you on there. I think they're working on a simple method to get anyone hooked up to speak to everyone. But in any case I'm so glad to see you there and participate with everyone. I know you'll have so much to share with everyone.
Phred

Rich Jackson

Cleveland, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2005 11:54 am    

What a great chat room! The only thing, it's very ADDICTING! Rich Guy

------------------
Emmons LeGrande III 2005
And a GFI, Nashville 1000,
Dan Electro effects

In the group "By the Cross"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Curt Shoemaker

Ionia, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2005 1:54 pm    

Be sure to check the line-up on Tue. evenings.Some great people are scheduled in with alot of information.

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2005 8:51 pm    

Del Mullen was featured last night. Tonight Reece Anderson was featured and it was just great and fun to hear....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Ray Riley

Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2005 11:01 pm    

Yes to all the above!!!!!!!!

------------------
Sho-Bud S-12 and a brand new N112

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2005 7:16 am    

My apologies to the group for dropping off so abruptly last night. I popped a 10-year-old CD in the drive and my computer crashed. I didn't have the energy to boot (it was late).

What a great chat room!

------------------
Bobby Lee (a.k.a. b0b) - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs, Open Hearts
Williams D-12 E9, C6add9, Sierra Olympic S-12 (F Diatonic)
Sierra Laptop S-8 (E6add9), Fender Stringmaster D-8 (E13, C6 or A6)   My Blog