The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Website
Marc Friedland

Fort Collins, CO
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2005 8:10 pm    

For those who may not know, I’ll use this opportunity in the new Forum section to say that my website is up and running.
It’s still not totally finished yet, but there are plenty of pictures to view, mp3s to hear, and stories to read.
Of course I invite you all to view the entire website when your time allows.
To those who are primarily interested in the pedal steel portions of the website, allow me to steer you in the right direction by advising the following:
After arriving at and reading the Home Page, click on the BIOS link.
From there, click on the PSG History link, and hopefully enjoy the reading.
I tried my best to mention names and give credits whenever possible, and you will see Forum members mentioned in this area. It will also give you a little description of what you can expect to hear from certain songs on my jukebox in the MP3 section.
After reading my psg history, you may want to click on the MP3s link, and follow the directions there in my jukebox. There you’ll be able to hear various song segments posted for your listening (pleasure,enjoyment) – well OK, I can’t guarantee you’ll enjoy it, but none the less, you can hear them.
A couple of mp3s in particular I’d like to draw your attention to are:
Sharp Dressed Man, which I feel is a good example of psg used in place of an aggressive slide guitar or 6-string rock guitar
and Hatikvah, which is an example of using the psg to playing the melody of a Hebrew song in a minor key.
Here’s the link to the website:
www.MarcFriedland.com
Also suggested for possible interesting reading:
“My Music History” in BIOS which might help explain who the other players are that appear in the pictures and on the MP3s.
“Ménage” found under the BANDS link includes many road stories and unusual experiences that my wife and I went through in the mid to late 80’s.
Don’t forget to check the “LINKS” page
Thanks,
Marc

Herman Visser

Rohnert Park, California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2005 9:10 pm    

Hi Marc: Cool site. didnt get a change to go through all of it yet, but will get back to later this week
Herman

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2005 9:23 pm    

Very nice website. Now, about this "Michael Bolotin" character of which you speak. He does look awfully familiar, doesn't he? Why are you being so cagey about this subject, hmmm?

Marc Friedland

Fort Collins, CO
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2005 5:20 pm    

Thanks Herman, and thanks for making it out to the Sonoma County Fair a few weeks ago. I hope you and your wife enjoyed the show.

Jim, your observations are correct my friend.
That's all I'll say right now, but I'll send you an email some time with a more interesting and informative explanation.
-- Marc