The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steeler In Baton Rouge
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2006 7:57 am    

I've just in the last 6 months moved to the Baton Rouge area...and looking for work. I play steel (36years) bass (longer than that) and keyboard (20 years +). Hal Higgins....phone 225-276-8250

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'03 Carter D-10,(8 & 5) 95 Carter 9 & 7 Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, 2 Racks w/Evans Pre-amps, Lexicon MPX500 & MPX550; (1) Nashville 400, (1) Webb 6-14 E Amp(2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp; Steelers Choice seat with back rest and side-kick. Walker Seat w/o Backrest
Hal Higgins....Be blessed and "Keep Steelin'.....

Howard Tate

Leesville, Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2006 9:28 am    

Hal is one of the best steelers you'll ever hear, fine keyboard player and excellent singer. Hal, I hope you find something soon so I can come and listen to you.

------------------
Howard

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2006 7:06 am    

Howard you are correct. Hal Higgins is one of the top steel players in the country. He does something I wish I could do and that is play several instruments, as well as sing. He'll be a great addition to any band or group. Doesn't matter. Hal can do it folks!

Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2006 7:05 pm    

Hal, you might check with my friend and forum member Marty Broussard. Do a search and you can obtain his email addy. He knows a lot of LA musicians, and he is a great steel player himself.

Hope that helps. JC

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2006 4:33 am    

Thanks guys for the compliments, I sure do appreciate the support and the suggestions. Got some opportunities, but nothing solidified as of yet......HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'03 Carter D-10,(8 & 5) 95 Carter 9 & 7 Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, 2 Racks w/Evans Pre-amps, Lexicon MPX500 & MPX550; (1) Nashville 400, (1) Webb 6-14 E Amp(2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp; Steelers Choice seat with back rest and side-kick. Walker Seat w/o Backrest
Hal Higgins....Be blessed and "Keep Steelin'.....

Charlie Moore

Deville, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2006 8:53 pm    

Hey Hal my buddy,hope you find something,but i tell ya its a hard nut to crack in La. for steel players,if you don't do the clubs its worse...heck i'm in east Texas playing KEYBOARD (thank God for transpose),hey its a job...c ya later....Charlie...

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2006 10:01 pm    

Charlie, I've picked up some work, thanks to a fella by the name of Billy C, in Jackson, MS every weekend......and doing my restaurant gig every Tues evening, and this week I'm in New Orleans for a couple of mid-week gigs.....so things are looking up for me here......thanks to all who have responded......Joey, I really appreciate this forum...and all who do the work keeping it open and running smoothly. HAL

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2006 2:23 pm    

TTT....still lookin for some work

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
2006 Rains w/8 & 5 Chestnut Burl Mica. Webb 6-14E Amp w/1501-4BW, Nashville 400. Evans preamp, Boss RV5, DD3, Digitech RP50, 2 Hilton Pedals, Walker Seat w/sidekick and backrest, Steelers Choice Seat with sidekick and backrest. BJS 10 string bar with birthstone. Zookies thumb pick L-30.