The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Alesis Quad GT and Tubefex and Mac
Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2006 3:28 pm    

For Sale or Trade:

1. Macintosh G-4 350/512 20 gig HD DVD Player/CD burner OS 9.2 and 10.2 This would be a good one to start out if you wanted to try out Mac's and not invest a lot of money. Even if it is so old (mid to late 90's) I just cut a 20 track project on it 3 months ago and it has plenty of horsepower to record 8 at a time and play bach 12 along with a few plugins but I mostly used effects in my digital board and outboard effects. 300.00 obo or trade for Tele or effects.

2. Peavey Tubefex What can I say about these work horses for steel guitar and guitar. I traded for this about 3 months ago from a fellow forumite and it's in great condition. I had a local tech go over it due to some level issues from left to right side and all it needed was a good cleaning and a bad connection some where on the board got fixed and the battery looks new so we didn't change it. Well anyway it's uneven level problems are fixed now no biggy anyway. I just want something that is more or an amp modeler for the studio but this unit is the warmest preamp I've ever used it just doesn't do amp modeling bery good it just has a couple of presets. In it's defense it came out before all the hype of amp and cab modeling so that's why I'm getting rid of it. 235.00 obo or trade for some other effects like a pod 2 or pod xt or similiar.

3. Alesis Quadraverb GT like new again what can I say it's a killer preamp and folks use it on steel as well as guitar. I have 2 of them and I bought the second one for my son to play thru but he doesn't like the quadraverb gt it doesn't do rock good enough for him although nI have some killer analog distortion presets he wants more of a metal thrash yuck LOL. 100.00 obo or trade for another like multi effects or just about anything.

If you see any of this you like make me an offer you never know you might just get it. But I basically need a Tele for the studio or a Pod 2 or XT. Thanks and Of course any sales get an automatic donation to the forum. I'll ask or do a search and see what the appropriate donation is and abide by that happily.

Bob

Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2006 8:05 pm    

Bob, would you be interested in trading the Quad GT for a Lexicon Alex?

Tony

Willie Crisel

Charlotte, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2006 8:14 pm    

got a boss dr5 in great shape with adapter but no instructions, paid 150.00 for it , i would trade for the Quad GT

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2006 4:18 am    

Hi Tony, I think I'll pass on the Alex and Willie, let me see what other offers I get and I'll get back to you thanks to both of you for responding.

Bob

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2006 7:05 pm    

Smile

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2006 7:28 pm    

The Quadraverb GT is on it's way to it's new home in Texas I traded for another lexicon reverb.

The Tubefex has a pending sale as soon as I ship it a donation will follow.

So all I have left right now is the Mac. I'll have some more stuff to follow in a new thread thanks guys.

Bob

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2006 2:29 pm    

Ok guys you can close'er up I sent the tubefex out today and already made a donation.

Bob