The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mesa Boogie Mk IIC+, Simul-Class
Bobby Duncan

Pensacola, FL, USA (these days)
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2005 9:53 pm    

This is it folks, "THE" Boogie to beat ALL Boogie's. I should not be selling this amp, but really need the cash. Like the ad says, this is the Mesa Boogie, Mark IIC+ combo, and it's completely loaded, with Simul-Class, 5 band EQ, Reverb, Effects loop, and the infamous EVM-12L speaker. The serial number is 12424 so you can call Boogie and verify the info. In addition to these amps being considered THE best of all the Boogies ever made, they have become collector's items because they only made about 1200, and they are impossible to find for sale. Do a search on the net and see what you come up with. I bought this amp in 1984 or 85. You won't find one of these anywhere and I know I will regret selling this. Not playing guitar much anymore tho and that's all I used it for. In my mind, this is a guitar amp, but I'm sure it would work great for steel too. You'll know why these amps have the reputation they do just as soon as you play thru it. This amp is a MONSTER!!! Crystal Clean, and Louder than you would ever want to be. Unbelieveably versatile. Any style of music. The amp is in very good condition and works perfectly. It is also very heavy. I think around 70 or 80 lbs. I would prefer not to ship it. I will be attending the Steel Guitar show in Benton, IL next weekend, if that helps. The price is a firm $1600.00. The only discrepancy in this amp is a toggle switch that switches the 5 band EQ in/out quit several years ago, and I took it out and put a cover over the hole. That's it.
Thanks for looking.
BD