The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  FS: AMD Athlon XP 3200+ CPU w/Heatsink & Fan
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2005 6:13 pm    

I bought this brand new last week, but found that it was only slightly faster than my overclocked (2100 Mhz) AMD XP 2600+ CPU, and runs no cooler at its standard clockrate. It was sold as a factory combo with the fan and HS. I am keeping my overclocked 2600+ and selling this (almost) new 3200+.

I didn't overclock it in the time it was in my motherboard (Asus A7V880), it runs natively at 2200 Mhz, and at around 51-52 degrees Celsius, using the AMD heatsink and fan (depending on your case and cooling fans).

If you have a modern motherboard for a Socket A Processor, with an AMD 2500 or less, and your BIOS supports the AMD Athlon XP 3200+, this will probably be a major upgrade for you.

It cost me $143 plus shipping a week ago, from NewEgg. I'll take $100 plus $7 postage for it, paid by PayPal only. I will only sell to and ship to an address in the USA. Your PayPal address must match the mailing address. I will ship by Priority Post.

------------------
Bob "Wiz" Feinberg
1983 Rosewood Emmons D10 Push-Pull, with 8 pedals and 9 knee levers (Crawford Cluster), Lawrence LXR-16 pickups and aluminum necks. Nashville 400 amp with Peavey Mod. Emmons pedalbar mounted, and Goodrich LDR floor volume pedals.
I use and endorse Jagwire Strings and accessories.

Keep Steelin' but don't get caught!

Reporting member of SpamCop

[This message was edited by Wiz Feinberg on 31 March 2005 at 06:16 PM.]

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2005 11:10 am    

Is this a motherboard?

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2005 12:38 pm    

b0b;
I am only selling the AMD CPU with matched AMD heatsink and AMD fan, one week old, not the motherboard.

If somebody wants to buy the motherboard and CPU I'll consider selling them together. The MB cost me about $150 new. Make me an offer on the combo.

The motherboard is an Asus A7V880, and uses dual channel PC3200 RAM. The motherboard was purchased new in August 2004, and the BIOS was just updated this week, from Asus. The motherboard supports AMD CPUs only, currently up to an XP 3200+, and up to 2 GB of PC3200 DDR RAM, in 4 slots. Dual Channel matched pairs of RAM are recommended for top performance. The MB also has a built-in SATA RAID controller that doubles as a SATA hard drive controller.

SATA hard drives deliver faster transfer rates than enhanced IDE drives, which the MB also supports. I have been using it with an 80 GB SATA drive. I have the disks that shipped with it and the drivers for the SATA controller, which are needed to install an OS onto an SATA hard drive. SATA drives are currently treated like SCSI drives, for OS installation purposes (F6 to install driver during setup).

Wiz

[This message was edited by Wiz Feinberg on 01 April 2005 at 12:42 PM.]