The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Anonymous. . .who are you?
Bill Hamner

Hueytown,AL USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2002 1:47 am    

Robert,
I have only known you for something like two years, met you at the first Choo-Choo Reunion.You really impressed me with your
playing and apparently you have impressed
this jerk so much he or she sees fit to try to get inside your head in hopes of dragging you down to their level. Do as several others
have suggested, put your energy into
playing that steel. It is evident you love the instrument and with your talent you will
undoubtedly become a monster player. Just don't get sidetracked by such nonsense as this attack. This person will be found out,
count on it, but don't dwell on getting revenge because your playing is doing that for you right now.
Bill

Pat Coyne

Gallatin
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2002 6:28 am    

Robert, I have met you and your parents before...my advice, for what it is worth, don't spend your energy on a witchhunt, a worse thing would be to find out that this came from one of your idols or someone you thought a friend...and then you would have to deal with that. Like others have said, learn from it and move on. Just play your instrument for the pleasure of it, if your talent is good, you will be noticed...and if you are like the rest of us...so what, just havin' a good time! As the word says "this too shall pass...." Best wishes.

David Mullis

Rock Hill, SC
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2002 6:45 am    

Whoever sent that email needs to be beat to death with a steel leg and if they're a player, start with the fingers!

RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2002 12:22 pm    

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2002 2:05 pm    

Hi Robert, I don't know you but I know many steel players from beginners to the greatest of pros and I know that none of them would write something like you received. All of the steel players I know are more than happy to discuss steel guitar with anyone who is interested and are very happy and willing to show anyone anything they know to help you, me or any other steel guitar player. I have never had a good player refuse to show me anything I asked and as far as that goes while I don't know a lot I have never refused anyone either so I must assume whoever sent that junk to you is no more than a wannabe and with that attitude thats all they will ever be. Just remember you are on stage and I'm sure they are not.
It also sounds like you are sharing the stage with some mighty great company and you can rest assured "E" will treat you right, you can count on it! Congratulations to you!
Jerry

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2002 2:14 pm    

Don't suppose the recent annoying virus that has been banging around here on the Forum during the past week or two, could be the work of that same dysfunctional individual?

Too bad they can't get a life!

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2002 11:55 pm    

When you go round a tree, you gotta stop
and grab a Brick.
Why ? Why ? Why ?
Ol' Man Trouble he be waitin' on ya'
Trouble you can't Fool me,
i see you behind that tree... (Ry Cooder)

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2002 6:47 am    

Even if we don't know who annonomous is we know who he isn't, A MAN!!!!!

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2002 7:09 am    

Robert whats the old saying sticks and stones will hurt my bones, but words will never hurt me. Don't let some knot head hurt you with his words. I think you are doing a great job so keep it up.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2002 6:30 pm    

YES YES let`s brake some fingers

------------------
http://hometown.aol.com/damirzanne/damirzanne1.html

[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 07 July 2002 at 07:30 PM.]

Ken Latchum

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2002 7:12 pm    

This person doesn't have the guts to sign his name. So this is what I think needs to be done. I am sure if the senders address was posted on the forum that someone just might regonize it and reveal their true Idenity. 1st You can bring up the e-mail and go to file in the top left hand corner then click on properties, then click on details, look at the top (where it says return-path) thats the persons e-mail address that sent it to you. Copy it down and post it on the forum and see if anyone regonizes it. Then we will see who has no guts. That might help stop some of the junk and rediculus things that happen to the folks that love to use this wonderful means to comunicate.
Good Luck Ken

[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 07 July 2002 at 08:16 PM.]

[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 07 July 2002 at 08:35 PM.]

Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2002 6:52 pm    

I met Robert at the BellCove and again at Chatanooga. He is a fine, Polite,talented (Iwish That I WAS 1/2 as talented) inquisative young man.He apraciates the company that he is in..to gather information,and insperation about this wonderfull instrument that we all love.If Robert has the opportunity to achieve what appears to be his goal...that of being the best PSG player that he can be...then he SHOULDN'T be slighted for persuing that goal. We all have done that in one way or another..and if he does has access to those individuals..or any source posible..why should that matter to any one except Roger.
I call that INITATIVE..and ..even the Pro's can Give something back..such as advice..It dosn't cost any. What young person..or old for that matter..hasn't tried to see, hear, talk to, be near, or be part of thier particular HERO..weather it be in the sports world, music word,politacal word,theatrical word or whatever. Where would we be if a young Buddy Emmonds,or Charelton,Loydd,Hal,Hohn,Weldon,Tommy,Paul,or whoever heard,saw,bought a record.or in some way tried to find out HOW their IDOL..or person that they admired for thier talents..had "DONE THAT'? If peop;e were not inquisative...How wold WE have landed on the moon, or made heart surgery as common as pulling a tooth, or have the wonderfull instruments which have evovlved, and the means to amlify those notes and music that we try to make..or play. When a young person..or any person..STOPs asking questions..or wants to know HOW or WHY...that is the time to start worring about where our world is headed... I to would like the opportunity to sit or be near "MY HERO" and learn.....I did...He was Buddy Charelton, also Mike Sweeny,Herbey Walace.....and most every Known steel player that I have talked to were gracious enough to share their time...and give advise. The list of a lot of those people ARE members of the NTSGA!!!! So Robert...Keep on Pickin'!!
Just MHO
Grouchyvet

Frank Estes

Huntsville, AL
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2003 1:09 pm    

Hmmm...Based on some recent posts, I think we may have an idea who sent this anonymous E-mail. Whadda ya'll think?

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2003 1:44 pm    

Not to act like a know-it-all way after the fact but that was exactly my thought at the time. But it was too weird an idea to express....until now.

Franklin

Post  Posted 10 Feb 2003 2:15 pm    

Robert,

Ignore his attempts to damage your confidence. He has actually in a strange way helped you. Folks like me on this forum will now pay special attention to you and your talents. I don't know when or even which show I will attend next, but if you are there please come by and say hello.

In the meantime turn those hurt emotions toward that steel of yours and get him back where it really counts.

Sincerely,
Paul Franklin

Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2003 2:27 pm    

I'm with you Frank. I think there's an imposter here.