The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For Mike Perlowin
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2003 5:46 pm    

Mike, I've been a little rough on you lately. I guess you and I have differing opinions about a lot of stuff, but music, and particularly a love for steel guitar(and a desire to play better)draws us all together, doesn't it. That's why I'm posting this, instead of sending you an e-mail directly. I think everybody on the Forum should agree, that we like different things, we're all together in this 10(or 12) string mess. I'll do my best not to argue with you, Mike, we'll leave the Forum for what it is---steel guitars, music, girls, whatever. But there's too much disagreement going on in the world today, to argue about meaningless garbage on this Forum.

Don McClellan

California/Thailand
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2003 7:20 pm    

You'll never take my "F"BOY away from me with this kind of post.
But really, It occured to me on a few occations that as we inch closer and closer toward George W's war dream-come-true (with seemingly no reguard for the potentially disastrous outcome), our chatroom bickering seems rather childish and unimportant.
Good post Steve!
Incidently, my victory party is set set for next Saturday at Little Beach! BYOB&F&D&W&CMI

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2003 1:49 pm    

Apology accepted Steve. It's true, we're all never going to agree on a lot of things, but that doesn't mean we can't all be friends.

Let's you and me start over from scratch. Like you said, we're all in this together, and we all can all teach and learn from each other.

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2003 9:36 pm    

Don, I shudder as I ask this, but what's an "F"BOY?
And Mike, I appreciate the e-mail, and I suppose it will always be our lot to disagree. Also, to misunderstand, apparently. I offered NO apology, since I feel I stated my opinions on things, just as you did. But as for the coffee, you're on, as long as I get to buy, and it's Maxwell House, and not some mocha latte frappe--wait-wasn't that a song???

Don McClellan

California/Thailand
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2003 12:39 am    

Steve, You didn't read the "other thread" closely enough. That STINKS!
The "F"BOY is the shortened name I've given to what b0b called the Flame Bait Of the Year award. He predicted I would win because of that other thread even though its only February. Keep your fingers crossed.

[This message was edited by Don McClellan on 10 February 2003 at 12:40 AM.]

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2003 1:53 am    

Quote:
I suppose it will always be our lot to disagree.

Trust me, you're not the only one.

But hey, it's cool as long as we don't get medieval on each other. We all have different perspective and opinions. It would bew pretty boring if we all agreed on everything.

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2003 10:28 am    

Awe, shucks guys. It ain't nothing compared to how we used to go at it on b0b's Off-Topic Board.

The world situation being as-is, we'd be off and runnin' on 3 or 4 threads simultaneously. I spent a lot of time back then dusting the footprints of Marty Pollard, Frank Estes and Mike Weirauch off of Mike's shirt -- figuratively speaking. Mike and I agreed on precious little, but we did find lots of common ground the year we met at Scotty's in St. Louis.

As it is, this has become a much kinder and gentler place for use to focus on steel and leave the politics pretty much to those other OTB's.

------------------
HagFan

PS: I do have to stand up for myself, though, when Theresa tries to sell me on some of that new country stuff.

[This message was edited by Ron Page on 10 February 2003 at 10:31 AM.]

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2003 11:08 am    

"Stuff?" Is that what we're calling it these days?

Seriously, I'm glad that the language has been toned down a bit on the Forum, and I'm proud of how people with differing views have managed to keep their tempers in check. The Forum is more useful and relevant today - a much friendlier place, in my opinion.

The goal is to inform all steel players, beginners and professionals alike, with news and knowledge about the instrument. I think we've been doing it very well in recent months. Thanks, everyone, for your cooperation.

------------------
               Bobby Lee
-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com
-System Administrator