The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hal's Slidin' For Scale
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2003 11:32 am    

It's not just for steelers!

Since I found out one of my co-workers is a HagFan, I've been sharing a lot of my CD's with him. Then one day he mentioned he "loves the steel guitar". That opened up a whole new "desk drawer".

I began loaning him some of my steel instrumentals. One day he asked my how to get a copy of Slidin' For Scale. I directed him to HalRugg.com and just the other day he came in and showed me his copy.

I'm hoping to bring him to a local show or two -- maybe Lexington and Chubby's show in Fairborn, OH.

His wife is going through radiation for breast cancer and this music is something they're enjoying together. Each time I get a new old Hag album burned I have them give it a try.

------------------
HagFan

Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2003 12:40 pm    

Hey Ron,
Cover him up man,sounds like you're the kind of friend a couple like that needs.
Course,who would'nt love PSG,or non pedal...

Bill

------------------
Bill Ford

Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2003 3:58 pm    

Hal's "Finaly!"..isn't too shabby either!!!!..Got both of them from Hal...He's also a great guy!!!!!
If you havn't....ya'all should go out and see, hear, and support all of the great players...wherever they show up around the country. It will be worth you're while..and all of these great pickers are there to talk to you. Visit them so they won't get bored (that's just joking around)..but what I mean by supporting them...is purchasing thier great merchandise (CD's,Tapes,whatever) You won't be dissapointed. And you can ALWAYS learn somthing by Watching or lisening to a great picker....
Grouchyvet
Carter D12

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2003 7:11 am    

Bob,

I have that one too. I think my friend was going to buy 'em both, but I've been causing him to spend more on CD's than he's used to. Some of the records are not available on CD, so I save him some there.

Hal always sounds tops. I've always thought Hal's ZumSteel pictured on both of those CD's is among the best looking steels I've seen.

------------------
HagFan

Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2003 8:11 am    

And Hal has the rhythm tracks available for both albums. They are great. He also has a particularly wonderful Gospel album, "Rise Again" that is also available and he has sound tracks for it too. Hal is a wonderful player, and a gentleman.

------------------
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Southwestern Steel Guitar Association

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2003 6:59 pm    

Hal's "Slidin' For Scale" CD is fantastic. Some great playing, by a very talented and great guy....This CD should be purchased by all who love steel guitar instrumentals. BTW the tracks are great practicing for both E9 & C6.

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10, Rack w/Evans, Tubefex 2, 1501-4 BW's