The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  If you missed the Commercial....here it is
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2003 1:29 am    

Well we have the Monster.com commercial that was aired during the Superbowl; right under my picture on the front page of MightyFineMusic.com
Remember; this is not a steel guitar commercial...we are only the background theme music to this Commercial account....and is one of the biggest commercial accounts in the history of Television.....but if you want to hear the steel a little moreso over the explosions and Bill Mack commentary..ha....turn the balance of your speakers to the right..ha.
Have fun.
Ricky

[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 28 January 2003 at 01:30 AM.]

ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2003 7:40 am    

Ricky, good job! I enjoyed watching it again. I have friends and family in Austin and one of these days I'm coming south for a visit. If you happen to see Levi Mullen, nephew of Del Mullen, tell him Ray Qualls said :Hi". Again, I enjoy your website and all that you are doing for the steel guitar family.

------------------
Ray Qualls

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2003 2:43 pm    

Great Ricky! Thanks for posting it.
The Super Bowl commericials here are different, so I never would have seen it.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2003 10:00 pm    

Ray; come on down...would be great to see ya.
I have to say I'm sorry I forgot to say hey to Levi for ya....Bob Moore was in the house and my mind was blown just being in his presence.
Loessberg told me(Oh and thanks Jim for making me sit in on your steel with the great Bob Moore gazing right at me ).ah ha...that Bob was in town with Curtis Potter and they are cutting a new project and IT WILL KILL....
Hey Joey...thanks man..glad you enjoyed it and You and my Canadian friends; were the main reason I wanted it up there on the site, so you can see it.
Ricky

[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 29 January 2003 at 10:02 PM.]

Steve Pacholl

Minneapolis
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2003 1:47 pm    

Just an FYI. We were talking about the Monster.com commercial in our staff meeting today. The American Trucking Association (ATA) sent a press release to all members asking them to call or write Monster.Com and encourage them to not to use their Superbowl
commercial anymore. They say it gives the
trucking industry a bad name.
My company/dept. is a member of the ATA, but we all love the commercial and appreciate the humor. We can laugh at ourselves. Many of my fellow staff members have attended Dale's shows are happy for Ricky and Dale. We wan't be writing Monster.com

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2003 1:06 am    

WEll the commercial is about a Truck with "NO" Driver....duh.
Yes if a Truck doesn't have a Driver...than yeah those things will happen...but doesn't take a brain to figure out that the Truckin' industry has Trucks on the road> and they have drivers in them....duh.
It is great promotion for Hooking Trucks up with Drivers and Drivers up with a Truck....that only helps the Truckin' industry....and if the corporates at ATA will get off their FAT a$$es and plop it down in a Truck and hit the road one weekend.....they will realize that it is a good thing for them........
Remember...."If you got it; a Truck brought it"...
Ricky

[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 31 January 2003 at 01:09 AM.]