The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks to Tommy Cass
Bill C. Buntin

Post  Posted 23 Oct 2001 1:48 pm    

Just wanted to let you forumites know. I purchased a P/P S10 from Tommy. He is an excellent guy to trade with. The guitar arrived without any trouble in exactly the condition that was advertised. Its a really nice guitar and in great condition and Tommy gave me a very fair deal on it. Thanks again Tommy and Thanks To Bobby Lee and the Forum.

Chris Caruso

Merrimack, NH USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2001 4:11 pm    

Tommy is a great guy and a very good friend. I have known Tom for 30 something years. He is a great player and the Steel Guitar repair expert up here in New England. Still trying to get him to come and pick at Frank Caruso's steel show this Sunday.

------------------
D-10 Fessenden

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2001 5:08 pm    

I'm with Chris on that one. Tommy got me started and kept me from quitting a couple of times (not sure whether to thank him or whup him for that...).

He also setup my first P/P Emmons, including custom making the knee levers. I still have that guitar, too.

Great tech, great player and great guy.

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2001 11:41 pm    

ditto

Tommy rebuilt my Emmons D-10 completely in 1988. When I went to pick up the guitar I didn't recognize it. All of the metal parts were highly polished to a mirror finish... including every metal part on the underside! New heavy duty springs and screws throughout. New fretboards and tuners. He even replaced the felt on the underside! The guitar looked much better than new. Tommy does meticulous restoration work.

------------------
My Site

Doug's Free Tab

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2001 9:03 am    

I bought my first steel from Tom (an Emmons of course!)25 years ago and I thank him for selling me a great steel.
If it hadn't been a good working guitar, I might have gotten discouraged and not stayed with this addictive hobby so long!

Tommy Cass

Baldwinville, Ma. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2001 7:15 pm    

Thanks guys, for all the nice comments.I've gotten a lot of enjoyment and met a lot of nice people, by working on steels.
Hope I can continue to help for many years to come.
Thanks again, to all my good freinds and keep on pickin'!

Bill Fall

Richmond, NH, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 5:28 am    

All the above is very true; Tommy's not only a first-rate craftsman, but you won't find a fairer guy to deal with. My old Sho-Butt was a quadraplegic before Tom laid hands on it & worked the kind of wonders that I guess are just routine for him. He turned the thing into a crown jewel.

It's just a shame the poor guy can't play worth a tinker's dam, huh? (Wink, wink.)