The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The little store by the Dairyqueen
BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2001 2:05 am    

Well it's 3;30 in the morning and I'm half here and half not ,so dont blame me for what I post or the way I spell,what I post.
I had the pure pleaser of three day's in Nashburg Tenn last week.Our main perpose of going,was so my daughter could see the Grand Ole Opry.And I must say I think it was pretty good.I did go for a smoke when the pop rock singers did their part.We also attended the Tammy Wynete play and in my opinion ,it is well worth seeing .We were camping out at the Sherriton inn down town and was in walking distance of Broadway.As most of you know thats where Tootie's ,Ledgend's,Robert's are.I spent a great deal of time bar hopping between these three.Man ,you talk about some great talent,that play for the chunk change tips.Got to meet one of our forum member's playing at Ledgends I think Dave Robbin's.After following a map drawed on a greasy hamburger napkin,we went north to Goodletvill,in search of the world renowned Bobbie Seymore.If I had a name like that I could'nt spell it eather We follow the greasy napkin and it took us to the Dairyqueen.And it just so happened Nashvill Steelguitar store was right be side it.And I walked in and preceeded to be me.
Bobby was on the phone,so I parked right beside him like his favorite coondog waiting on the table scrap's.All the time Bobbie was trying to figure out who does this fellow think he is.I will now try to give my personal reveiw.I was at first glance, well impressed with his employee's.That should take care of the reveiw.I throughly injoyed my visit to see Bobbie,and chat for a short while.He personelly let me put my name on his wall.Yep,right there beside 10,000 thousand other name's.Hey but thats alright you would have to be blind not to see my name.Bobbie sat down to a steel and played for me as tho he were auditioning for my band.We talked about,steel,the forum,yea we even talked about you.Hey Bobbie we forgot to talk about your employee's,Bobbie know how to pick um female all the way.With a parting gift,I now have Bobbie amon'st my suverniors.What a swell fellow,wish you the best Bobbie BJ Bailey

------------------
BJ Bailey

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2001 6:08 am    

Nice story BJ. You should have taken advantage of the "Buy a steel, get a free night at a hotel deal".
-j0e-

Dave Horch

Frederick, Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2001 9:35 pm    

Liked it. And the TITLE of your post might inspire some songsmiths out there...

"The little store by the Dairyqueen"

I, IV, V - eat it up!

Best, Dave

------------------
Mullen (See! No "S") D-10
Photo page

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2001 5:48 am    

Went out one day to try a Steel in Goodletsville.,,,,We just arrived in town and had some time to kill,,,,Asked the local Fireman if he knew Bobbe Seymour,,,He said turn right find the Dairy Queen ,you'll find he's right next door.,,,,,(2)found it real easy with the good directions we were told,,,,Walked right in found Bobbe sittin talkin on he phone.,,wish Bobbe wasn't there cause his help was somethin else,,,.Actually I was a wishin I had come there by myself,,,,(3)On the phone he talked a bit while lookin up at me,,,,I introduced myself real quick and asked if he had something free,,,I heard he once gave a Steel away and I don't have to much green,,,He took me right next door right then bought me a dairy Queen.,,(4) The moral of the Story is that Bobbe isn't cheap,,,But don't come out there to visit with short arms and pockets deep,,,He's got to sell to eat and get fuel for the plane.,,So thats why he'll only treat you to your choice of Dairy Queen......He he... It's a hit I know it.

------------------
CJC

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2001 9:08 am    

In my contacts.....with Bobbe, Never met the gentleman......I knew right away that I liked him and felt I could count on his word.
The fact that he is flyer is another plus; a steel player even more so.....but to discover right here on the Forum that if'n you go to visit Bobbe and his fine store, you can actually enjoy a peanut buster parfe, double THICK milk shake or swirl cone all at the same location .......well, what more can be said? What a guy!

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2001 12:24 pm    

You are all a bunch of rascals! I am truly a very blessed guy to know and have the great friends I have in my great forum buddys.I have met and created (and fixed)a lot of great friendships on this forum,and lost a few I'm sure, but there are some of you that are my dearest friends that started out as big disagreements. I wouldn't take anything for my great friendships with guys like Pat Burns,Arlin(Slick)Wayne,Mike Weirauch,Smiley,Ret Cop,Jody Carver,B.J. Cole,B,J,Baley and the list goes on and on and on . Thank you bOb for making all our lives richer, whether we know it or not! Craig Davidson,dear friend,great fight ended up as my great friend! IS THIS A GREAT FORUM OR WHAT? Guys, you are a wonderful bunch of crazy nuts.
Bobbe,K. Sniffelwhipper III

Anne Marie O Keeffe

Co.Waterford,Ireland.
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2001 12:40 pm    

Lovely story B.J. I know what you mean about bar hopping in Broadway......it's a wonderful place I love it and can't wait to go back. Now I have another reason to go back.....Dairy Queen.....er I mean going to the Dairy Queen after I've been to visit Bobbe. It just gets better all the time You're right Bobbe.....they are a wonderful bunch of crazy nuts......wonderful being the operative word.

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2001 12:42 pm    

quote:
Liked it. And the TITLE of your post might inspire some songsmiths out there...
"The little store by the Dairyqueen"

...Dave, it might make a better story if you wrote about "The Little Queen by the Dairy Store"...

slick

Calhoun Georgia
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2001 3:11 pm    

Bobbe,
The same right back atcha my friend.(Sweet Georgia Brown) man that was great.If your travels take you anywhere near Goodlettsville
stop in and visit Bobbe,what a true professional in every way.

Arlin (Slick) Wayne

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2001 3:26 pm    

Hey,,,,,,where's my Dairy Queen??. Pat Burns & myself know many Queens up here,,but they are"not" dairy,,,,,"hairy yes" but not dairy.

I beleive that we dont know the true story about Bobbe. I dont think he's cheap. he just sent me an E 1st string "collect" COD.

Hey Pat,,,going to Norwalk?? bring along a queen from Milford.

Hey there's a movie playing titled "The Kings
Hand" do you know where its' playing?? ask Pat...HINT???? take a guess...edited for sanitary reasons.

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 27 September 2001 at 04:36 PM.]

BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2001 9:04 am    

Hey seemor what in the world is so hard about spelling Bailey????? You mess up your autograph on the videobox that you sign for me.And I ai'nt gonna forgive you.Are you sure you can fly a plane?Can you chew gum and walk at the same time??You never invited me to the Dairy Queen? Yep I'll bet you would have but forgot where the building was located??? OK enough ask chewing from yo spillen teecher BJ BALLDY (SP OR PS)Bobbie injoyed the gift yo freind MR BAILEY

------------------
BJ Bailey

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2001 12:25 pm    

..I wonder what my wife would say if I told her I was going out for a Dairy Queen, just didn't tell her it was in Tennessee?..I gotta take a drive down there and write my name on the wall, get a chocolate cone, buy a set of strings, chew the fat, tell some lies, tell my wife the Dairy Queen down the road is closed for the winter...

...Jody, I believe I'll decline if you ever offer to give me a hand...

..yup, I'm going to Norwalk...want a ride?..

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2001 12:35 pm    

Pat...only If I can sit in the back seat...I have heard all about your 5 speed shift right
hand.

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 28 Sep 2001 4:05 pm    

Bobbe.... yer PR bills must be quite expensive ...Im tryin to figure out how you can post under all these different names...hmmmmmm???

RichardMcKinney

Battle Ground, WA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2001 5:09 pm    

I have'nt met Bobbe--yet.About a month we were exchanging E-mails.And decided to call him about a Nashville 400.It must have been midnight there in Tennesee.Bobbe treated me like we had known each other for years.What a nice gentlman,Thanks Bobbe for sharing with all of us.If you are ever in Portland,OR you have a place to lay your head.

------------------
Keep on Steelin
Carter 4/k 3/p

[This message was edited by RichardMcKinney on 28 September 2001 at 06:10 PM.]

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 30 Sep 2001 5:19 pm    

Hey everyone,We are moving! I just bought a new location for the store to better serve you. It is in Hendersonville Tn.(home of Johnny Cash and 145 other country stars) not far from the present location where we've been for the last 19 years. Yep, it's now going to be the steel guitar store by the pizza place! 813 West main st.(37075)
The phone number will be 615 822 5555.
There will be NO interuption in our service to our great customers, mail order or walk-in. Yep, this is true, we will also be stocking much heavier on new Emmons and student guitars,YOU"LL LOVE THIS PLACE! We should be moved in one month. Bobbe
www.steelguitar.net

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 30 September 2001 at 06:22 PM.]

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2001 8:12 am    

...I know the great Smiley Roberts lives in Hendersonville..who's Johnny Cash?..

..Best Wishes to you in your new location, Bobbe..I've got to get down there to see you all..for a Down Home Calzone?...hope the pizza isn't Chef Boyardee...

BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2001 8:39 am    

Hey Bobbie ,we did good to find the Dairyqueen ,now you gonna move on us??
Hey this Johnny Cash fellow ,do'nt he play a black Emmon's

------------------
BJ Bailey

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2001 1:53 pm    

....oh, and Jody, that's what they mean by "shift on the fly"...

Ed Byerly

Post  Posted 2 Oct 2001 11:38 am    

Sounds like a good move, Bobbe! Can't be too bad being next to a Pizza shop!

I'm sure you must have read somewhere that 'Most accidents happen close to Home', so you moved! Oh yeah, be sure to take the address numbers off the front door & take with you, so you won't have to change addresses.
Best of Luck my friend!

------------------
Carter S-12

Ed Byerly
Wild in Northwest Ohio

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2001 12:06 pm    

Bobbe, I thought all the steel pickers lived in Hermitage?

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 2 Oct 2001 12:19 pm    

Just one Jack, just one!