The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A question for Lloyd Green
Paul Gibson

Kennesaw, GA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2001 9:26 am    

A friend and I have been working for the last three years collecting all albums from the Chart Record label. Finally, we have accomplished our goal!!! For those of you who do not know, Chart was an independent record label in Nashville from the late 60’s through the early 70’s. Chart Records recorded such artists as Lynn Anderson, Jim Nesbitt, Kenny Vernon, and Lloyd Green just to name a few. In my opinion, Lloyd Green was Chart Records. From what I believe I “hear” and know, Lloyd’s great genius can be heard on the majority of the Chart recordings. It is such a great thrill listening to Lloyd’s musical genius on those records. I really believe that Lloyd’s greatness, and direction gave Chart their distinct and great sound!!! Since the completion of our collection, we have done some research and have decided to create a web page about Chart Records. Our goal is to contact some of the artists who recorded on Chart Records and speak with them regarding their relationship with Chart Records and with their permission, include their comments on the web page. We have already spoken with Slim Williamson, owner of Chart Records, and we are to meet him soon to obtain as much info as possible. Also, we have spoken in person with Dallas Corey (very pleasant experience), and have spoken with Sammy Poole via e-mail. We are on the verge of contacting Kenny Vernon and LaWanda Lindsey. If possible, I would really like to contact Lloyd Green, in any way possible, and include his thoughts and comments of himself and of Chart Records on our web page. If possible, that would be so very great!!! This is where I need help. If I may ask, would someone mind forwarding this information to Lloyd Green asking him if he would mind sharing with us his wealth of information about himself and Chart Records so we can include that info on our web page??? Also, (on a personal note) please thank Lloyd for all the excitement and inspiration he has given me over the years by allowing me to listen to all of his great music. Thank you all. If by chance, Lloyd chooses not to comment, we completely understand . I am keeping my hopes up!!! Thank you all…

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2001 11:29 am    

I'll see Lloyd Thursday and I will pass this information along to him. For those who don't know, Thursday is Lloyd's birthday.

Paul Gibson

Kennesaw, GA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2001 11:49 am    

Thank you so much Mike Weirauch. For those of you who are interested the address for the page (which is still in the works)is http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/atl/s/h/sherryt1/. Also, Happy Birthday to Lloyd Green.

[This message was edited by Gibson on 30 September 2001 at 12:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by Gibson on 30 September 2001 at 12:53 PM.]