The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thank you Scotty, Mary and Family
Bob Taillefer

Canada
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2001 8:53 pm    

I would like to thank Scotty for inviting Al Brisco, Doug Johnson, Dale Rivard, Jay Riehl, Steve Pitico, Don Reed, Andrew Affleck and myself to his convention. The hospitality was terrific. To all whom I have met during the Labour Day Weekend, thank you for making this event one of the highlights of my life. Sharing the St-Louis stage with all these wonderful musicians was a real treat. Merci! Bob

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2001 9:28 pm    

Bob, I really enjoyed your set. Great playing!

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2001 5:01 am    

Hello Bob,
I enjoyed meeting you and getting to chat. I hope to get a chance to catch your music at a future concert, but this year your set was past my bed time. Hope all is well.
Chuck

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2001 7:30 am    

I personally would like to thank the whole Scott family for their effort throughout the many years of the convention. You probably would be hard pressed to find another group of folks that would put that much time and effort into an undertaking of this size.

Many thanks go out to Scotty, Mary, Mike, DeWitt and all others that I haven't mentioned here. They are a first class act.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2001 7:44 am    

Mike AMEN to your comment,,and then some.

Bob Taillefer

Canada
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2001 7:34 am    

I would also like to thank all the Canadians who took the bus to St Louis. The trip was organized by Marie Bell and Gord Thompson. All the musicians really appreciated their support.

I also want to thank Al and Betty Brisco for lending their backward for three picking party/fundraisers. The generous contributions help us pay expenses. Thanks to all the musicians who came to jam with us.

p.s. Thanks for the kind words. Chuck, it was a pleasure meeting you. I love your playing.

Regards Bob

Al Brisco

Colborne, ON Canada
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2001 3:52 am    

I too want to add my Thanks to Scotty, Mary, Family & Staff who really made us feel welcome....such as:
-organizing the 'Welcoming Committee' to greet the motor coach from Canada with 38 people upon their arrival;
-staying up until after 4:00 A.M. at the Friday Night Jam, taking an active part in the show, as only Scotty can;
-standing on the street corner with the Canadian flag (as a surprise) seeing the motor coach off back to Canada. WOW!!!

What a great feeling it was, having the South Mountain guys, Steve Piticco, Don Reed, & Jay Riehl, along with friends Andrew Affleck & Bill Johnson along to back up Bob Taillfer, Doug Johnson, Dale Rivard & myself.

Thanks also to all the people who contributed at our backyard 'Pick-Nics', the raffle draws, cash donations, etc., to make it possible to bring our Canadian Connection Band this year.

Thanks also to Mike Brown & Peavey Electronics for staying up so late to do sound for the Friday Night Jam.

As for me, it was the most comfortable I have ever felt playing at the convention.
Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments!
Al Brisco