The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bobbe can sure pick them
John Knight

Alaska
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 9:03 am    

Have you seen the latest updates to Seymore's website. Can he pick the models or what. Does she come with the purchase of those products? She is an eye catcher Bobbe and so is the rest of your site.

Thanks for being there.

------------------
D 10 Thomas with 8&6
Nashville 400 and Profex II
Asleep at the Steel

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 9:49 am    

Well, enjoy it while it's here. We will be going to a pure business type format in the near future as a few folks were offended by my new office manigers appearance. Personally, I see nothing to be offended by.Brandy is as sweet and wonderful as a person can be and is as cheerful as you could ever belive also, but some folks don't care about any thing but the product.The hard cold bottom line,where is it,when can you get it to me and how big a discount can I get. I always took pride in the personal touch however it looks like we need to go to a more business type format.I just hated that "automatic "type, no soul type deal, but I 'spose I'll have to change with the times.When was the last time you called your internet provider or the phone co. and got put on hold for 30 min.and then had to listen to your options and push the number for the option you wanted then had to wait for another 30 min. for a live person to treat you like a idiot. Seem like some folks would like this rather that my personal,buddy,good friend treatment that I try to give. Let me hear your opinions, I'm here for you guys and gals only, I'll do what you want.Yes I just got a complaint about my web-page,not business enough!
Bobbe,
www.steelguitar.net

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 10:10 am    

Bobbe: If you loose her, me and Frank is comin' up there to help you register into a nursing home !! You have always used this format and I for one think it is entirely appropriate. Anyone who doesn't is entitled to their opinions just as I am. But I'm voting for your regular format and Sheila backs me up 100%. I'm always for moderation and I don't like what's going on in other musical genres but then too, I've never played in a convent either !!

Best Regards, Paul

[This message was edited by Paul Graupp on 04 September 2001 at 11:11 AM.]

Chet

Adrian,MI USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 10:25 am    

You ain't got a thing, if you ain't got that swing... Real Nice...

------------------
Chet Force
Carter D-10
Nashville 1000
Adrian, Michigan

Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 11:02 am    

Bobbe
Go auto, and "business like" with # options on the phone, and 20-30 minute waits you might as well pack up now. Even in the 21st century there are still a heck of a lot of people that like the personal service, like, ask a question - get an honest answer, rather than a machine spouting a load of possibilities that bear little if any relation to the question you asked in the first place.
Cheers
Dave.

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 11:56 am    

My guess is that some think Brandy looks out of place on a pak-a-seat. Gosh, guys you don't have to feel pressured into buying anything if you're just "window shopping".

JC Penney underwear ads are more revealing. I'm not suggesting that the site be more revealing, just saying it's no big deal; though I did check every page just to make sure.

------------------
HagFan

jerry wallace

Artesia , NM (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 12:18 pm    

Bobbe,your web site is GREAT!! Dont change a thing...Yes She is a doll,but I feel she makes your site better...

Please leave it as it is..You cant please eveyone no matter what you do..However, I feel most folks like your site and are not offended in the least..

------------------
Jerry Wallace-2001 Zum: D-10,8+6, "98 Zum: D-10,8+8,Nashville 1000,Session 500 ,Session 400 head only amp,Tubefex,ProfexII, Artesia, New Mexico
http://communities.msn.com/jerrywallacemusic

Abe Stoklasa

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 1:03 pm    

Bobbe, do you think ANYBODY would watch "THE PRICE IS RIGHT" if they didn't have them models? It's like you can't have a car without wheels (I don't know where that metophor came from, but oh well).

patrick donovan

orange, texas, usa
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 1:30 pm    

Bobbe,

You have Steelguitars on your website??? I didn't notice them till the 4th or 5th visit.Airplane??airplane?? what airplane?? oh she was in an airplane...well guess I didn't notice that either!!!

Bobbe, change NOTHING, don't mess with perfection!

Regards, Patrick

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 1:48 pm    

Bobbe
Leave the babe in there. Include a photo of her with each guitar you sell and you won't be able to keep them on the floor.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 2:02 pm    

Bobbe, here's a quote from Bill Cosby that I always liked...
Quote:
I do not know the secret to success; but I do know the reason for failure, and that is "trying to please everybody".

Bill Sharpe

Hermitage, TN 37076, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 2:09 pm    

Bobbe:

The site is very "acceptable"

------------------
B#

Allen

Littleton, CO USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 3:08 pm    

Bobbe,
DON'T CHANGE A THING (I think all caps is considered shouting...good!). I'm too old to get excited about Brandy, but she sure knows how to get your attention. So do you!!
I hope you, and others, understand what it means to have the phone answered by you or the fact you get right on the line if asked for. That's worth a whole lot more than someones narrow view of what should be on your site and in your business.
Allen

------------------
Allen Harry
Mullen D-10, 8 & 6
Nashville 1000

Jackie Toney

Johnson City, Tn USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 3:10 pm    

Hey Bobbe, speaking from a female standpoint I like the site. Brandy adds class. Leave it like it is.

Jackie

------------------
www.steelinusa.com

VERNON PRIDDY

ELIZABETHTOWN; KY. USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 3:30 pm    

Don't Change A Thing Bobbe She Looks Real Good To Me. If I Was A Little Yonger I Would Take Her Out For Dinner. SONNY.

------------------
SONNYPRIDDY

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 4:03 pm    

Bobbe, Doggonnit! Leave things as they are. That's one of the many reasons I check out your site. No matter what you do, people will b####h. So, it is your company do what you want. Nobody tells the other big companies what to do. How do you suppose they got that way? Next thing you know, some old lady will want you in the ad. Now that could be scary. Especially if you are in a skirt!

------------------
1985 Emmons push-pull, Session 500, Nashville400, 65 re-issue Fender Twin, Fender Tele

Frank Estes

Huntsville, AL
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 4:13 pm    

Bobbe, the ONLY thing you should do is update your site more often. I found nothing offensive with Brandy's photos.

John Knight

Alaska
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 4:20 pm    

Look what I started!!!!!!!! HEHE, Bobbe the two things I enjoy the most about your site is the updates to the guitars and the models you use to advertise your products. Not necessarily in that order. You have always had lookers on your website so please don't take that away. I don't know about the other guys but it keeps me coming back and then I remember why hell I need this or that so why I'm here.

You know the rest. You Alaskan pal

------------------
D 10 Thomas with 8&6
Nashville 400 and Profex II
Asleep at the Steel

Bob Farlow

Marietta,GA,
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 4:48 pm    

I like it. Vern likes it. Don'tcha Vern?
Vern, where are you when Bobbe needs you?

Buddy Elkin

Henderson, KY, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 4:56 pm    

Bobbe, You've got it all wrong. Take a step backwards and look at your website again. It's your mug that's offensive. Poor Brandy.

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 5:01 pm    

...Craig, you must have been reading my mind...if they think they've been offended now, put Bobbe in a short dress and let him show off the merchandise...

...no kidding, great site Bobbe, don't change a thing..

B.Jenkins

Parkersburg, WV...U.S.A
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 6:47 pm    

Bobbe..Dont change a darn thing, I like it, the poodle likes it, the neighbor likes it and he dont even know what a steel guitar is, but he sure knows what Brandy is,

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 7:05 pm    

...I've got the answer Bobbe!! You have two versions of the web-site, and the home page will have an option for anybody to pick version 1 or version 2 when they go into your website, the choice will be their own...

...version 1 will be for us reprobates that like Brandy to show off the merchandise, and version 2 will be for those more circumspect customers who just want to get down to business by having Janet Reno showing off the merchandise...

(Bill, you must have pressed the "submit" button a millisecond before I did with the same thought in mind!)

[This message was edited by Pat Burns on 04 September 2001 at 08:08 PM.]

Bill Fulbright

Atlanta, GA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 7:05 pm    

Bobbe,

There is little enough soul and individuality around as it is.

Don't be intimidated by a few sour apples.

She can't help it if she's attractive, happens to work for you, and the camera likes her...

Shucks, you could have used that old picture of Esmarelda Dingleberry that we all used to pass around in High School, you know the one... she had the adam's apple from hell and a nose to slalom race down. Bless her heart, I know she would have been happy to help you out.

Don't you dare change a thing! It looks great, and is even more professional than your old one. Where are those cams we talked about?

------------------
Bill Fulbright
1998 Sierra U12 7x5; Gibson ES-165; Peavey 50-410
ICQ# 2251620 Bill's Launch Pad

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 8:02 pm    

Hey baldie, leave her alone!!!! She's just all right. Now, as for you stepping on my hands as I was crawling out of the bar at St. Louis, THAT'S another story!!!