The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Your least favorite Color?
Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 7:53 am    

I have always liked Rosewood mahogany. I had 2 pp emmons, a superpro, and Msa, a shobud professional,and a S12 Carter.

All Rosewood with that wood grain in it.

However, after saying all this, I can see white, black and red, too. So figure that.

I don't really care what color it is as long as it plays smoothly and easily. But as you can see above, Rosewood mahagony is one of my favorites......al

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 8:11 am    

Donnie Hinson AGAIN has the answer.The spectrum of light the surface of the guitar reflects has very little to do with the spectrum of audible vibrations the guitar emittes. PLAY THE THING!The dancers don't care what color it is. Your not hired by the color.(doesn't even matter what color YOU are anymore!)Remember , That Delores Hancock,pink mica sounded incredible! My least favorit color?-------Clear. I saw one once,you could see all that stuff hangin' every where! Boy, arn't you glad that there aren't any clear people? Just imagine trying to pick up a girl that you could see inside of,that brain(hopfully)and intestins,eye socketts,knowing what that stomach really looks like,those bones reaching for you! NO! I don't like clear! If I fall in love with a clear girl, I'm gonna' paint her, ANY color! Yes, black IS ,------nevermind. A green girl, a blue girl, I DON"T CARE IF SHE"S CHARTROUSE!------No clear.OK?
Yea,I ain't signin' this!

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 19 August 2001 at 09:14 AM.]

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 10:12 am    

Like many of you I would never have considered a white guitar until I ran across this S-10 PP that is white mica. I have had two black mica D-10 PP's in the last six months and this white one sounds better to me than both of the black ones. (Y'all are kidding about all that, right?). Plus, I have come to REALLY like the white. It looks so clean, and I played it the Sun Theatre in Anaheim a few weeks ago. You know, black stage, black backdrop, black stage clothes....the guitar looked very nice sitting up there. I had several comments from other pickers on the show about the look of it. I just wish I could get used to playing it after so many years on a D-10...

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 10:15 am    

Too funny Bobbe! I had a girl once that said she could see right through me. I went straight home and changed my drawers....

Larry Miller

Dothan AL,USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 10:40 am    

I wouldn't want a clear one either, because the audience would be able to see just how much I really Enjoy my steel(where did that extra lever come from?) Larry

------------------
GO TITANS GO!!!

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 11:08 am    

After 30 years of everything around me being black, cars, hearses, suits, clouds, etc, that is my least favorite color. I could care less what color my steel is as long as it sounds good and I have several of different colors and styles. As Donnie said, the color has no sound but the guitar does so play whatever color you have but play it good. As for Sizemour,

Quote:
Yea,I ain't signin' this!

......after reading it, I wouldn't either!!!

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 12:06 pm    

...and you said I was knuts, Bobbe!! That description is the product of the fortuitous mingling of a fertile imagination and a twisted mind...I think you've been chasing after Nurse Ratched...maybe we can bust everybody out of here, steal a bus and charter a fishing boat, whadaya think?...

...does anybody have a grey guitar?...

[This message was edited by Pat Burns on 19 August 2001 at 01:12 PM.]

jerry wallace

Artesia , NM (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 1:31 pm    

I know BLACK is the most popular and brings the best resale..However,I have owned several colors including black..
To me black is the hardest of all colors to keep clean..It shows everthing and the dust etc. that collects under the strings on the tuning key end is almost impossible to get out and keep from showing..

I had a white birdseye mica steel from Carter that was my favorite color and easyest to keep clean..

------------------
Jerry Wallace-2001 Zum: D-10,8+6, "98 Zum: D-10,8+8,Nashville 1000,Session 500 ,Session 400 head only amp,Tubefex,ProfexII, Artesia, New Mexico
http://communities.msn.com/jerrywallacemusic

Mike Weirauch

Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 8:42 pm    

quote:
...does anybody have a grey guitar?...

......Yes! I have a brand new JCH with simulated brushed silver/grey aprons and a navy blue top with a matching navy blue pad. It is a pretty combination.

Rainer Hackstaette

Bohmte, Germany
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 2:44 am    

Hi WC,
on you wepsite in the steel pics section the Opryland 1989 pic looks real great! What make are the two single necks in the foreground? They have just my color, too. And I bet they´re light!

------------------
Remington D 10 8/8, Sierra Crown D 10 gearless 8/8, Session 400 LTD

Greg Vincent

Folsom, CA USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 7:27 am    

White & black both seem to make sense to me: they both will go with anything you might be wearing on a stage. Black seems to "disappear" a bit on stage, though --and it makes your guitar look a lot like a keyboard. White stands out AND it turns the same color as any bright stage light that is pointed at it, which is cool.

I don't like the woodgrain formicas very much --talk about countertop!

Hey how come us steelers don't get the cool formica choices that drummers always seem to get--like pearl and sparkle and that stuff?
I'd love to see an steel done up in blue mother of pearl formica like an old Ludwig kit! No?

GV

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 8:24 am    

Our Drummer in England in the 60s got a new set of Premiers with that blue finish... I'll never forget it !!

Regards, Paul

Al Udeen

maple grove mn usa
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 9:37 am    

I think they wore out "Rosewood Mica" about 30 yrs ago! The best I've ever seen, is Burgandy Lacquer! I just happen to have one!

Fred Jack

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 11:56 am    

My GFI Keyless is Black !
The pedal rods...Black
The legs...Black
I have a Goodrich pedal...you guessed it ....Black (The Moon and I painted it..Ralph says you can paint everything and he does. regards..fred P.S. Gene sure hated to let that guitar out of his shop..he thinks it is the ugliest guitar he ever saw..Moon agrees with him.I like it!

Chas Holman

10 miles outa Lone Star, TX - USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 2:10 pm    

Seymour & Weirauch are right . . Hinson has nailed it again..!

Thank goodness no one has mentioned the fact that Purple Zum's have such a high resale value...

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 3:26 pm    

How about a pink & purple split front!!!
Will you ever live that one down, Tommy?
Roger

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 6:57 pm    

I hate Clear AND I hate chrome! Every time I look at chrome all I see is me lookin' at me! Not a pretty sight! Who want to see a guitar lookin' at them? Nope, chrome sucks! I knew a girl ,one time that had a chrome face. Every time I looked into her eyes, all I saw were mine! Know that song, "First Time Ever I Saw Her Face"? Well-----I never could see hers! Talk about make up getting shinny! I think the worst thing was taking her out in the bright sunlight! She ended up getting older and she started to rust around the ears and eyes , at first,now shes pretty well rusted all over, her new husband wrote that song ,"Brown Eyed Girl". Think it was for her. Nope, Chrome is my least favorite color,I'll be Chrome for Christmas, She'll be chroming 'round the mountin when she chromes,---Hold on , I'm chroming--------Chrome,Chrome on the Range--- These were just some of her fovorite songs,(sung to the tune of the theme from, "The Sound Of Music") Yep, CHROME AIN"T GOTTIT"-----
Dr. Seasquier (Or, Warped Man).

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 7:04 pm    

Who was the guy that made a chrome car ?? Or was it stainless steel ? In any case it was a failure so it looks like Bobbe's got it right again. As I said somewhere else, Bobbe: SOC ET TUEM !!

Regards, Paul

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 7:07 pm    

...do you play that on a chromeatic scale?..

....Chromeo, Chromeo, wherefore art thou, Chromeo? Those chrome guitars take too long to build anyway, Bobbe...everybody knows Chrome wasn't built in a day....

...Paul, that was DeLorean, the gull-winged car...you'd detail it with Brillo pads...they used one for the time machine in "Back to the Future"...

..Bobbe, did you see that Mike Weirauch has a grey guitar which he loves? You're no longer the only person on the planet with a grey guitar!...

[This message was edited by Pat Burns on 21 August 2001 at 08:17 PM.]

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 7:32 pm    

Pat and Paul,AND Mike W., I thought this post would wake you up! Pat, Your wasted in the insurance biz.You could be a top knotch komady komick.(what does "K" stand for anyway?).KHROME! I hate Khrome.
Robert Khrome Seymour,
(I hate Khrome and clear!).Black is nice, I dated a bl -------never mind-------

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 7:39 pm    

Pat , I weighed my guitar on a chrome-matic scale once, sun got in my eyes and I didn't see what it weighed but it sounded like it weighed around G#.
Dr.Knough It knall.

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 8:56 pm    

...Bobbe, don't change a thing, think of all the other famous people who's name starts with K..

...Kennedy..
...Kruschev.. ...Kissinger..
...Kant..
...Kierkegaard..
...Keats.. ...Kafka.. ...Kipling..
...The Kaiser..
...Richard Kimble..
...King Kong..
...Murray The K..
...Kato Kalin ...Krusty The Clown.....

...you're in good company...

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 9:34 pm    

Kato Kalin and Krusty the Klown? Good company? Well, maybe Krusty's OK , but Kato? Naw, I don't think so. I have a career, he's still looking for his. But then so is Ed "cookie" Burns. Any relation? Cookie, Cookie, where is your comb? Am I old or what!Yes, thats it ! "77, Sunset Strip" Does ANYONE else remember this or is it just in my imagination? Pat Burns, Ed Burns,Hummmm,
No Chrome, no clear,no Ed "cookie" Burns.(Ed-itEd for sphealing)
Bobbe "Kookie" Seymour

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 21 August 2001 at 10:38 PM.]

Mike Weirauch

Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 9:44 pm    

Quote:
I hate chrome!

......Paul Franklin has a guitar that has chrome or polished aluminium across the front apron. I personally thought it looked good irregardless of what you think of chrome. Maybe chrome will make you play faster!!!!!!

I failed to mention that I have a red plaid D-10 JCH coming with a charcoal top. I haven't seen to many of those puppies running around!

Also, Bobbe Sizemour has a "GARY STEELE PURPLE" JCH being made for him as we speak. And you dislike chrome?

......gotcha!!!!!!!

[This message was edited by Mike Weirauch on 21 August 2001 at 10:47 PM.]

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 11:10 pm    

You ain't gotch nothen Mike Wierach! Paul Franklin can't even spell Khroum! How would you know if it was or wasn't anyway!Gee,your just a big dummmmby.Sometimes you just make me laugh out loud!(and then,sometimes you don't) Well, have you noticed my spelling lately!
Go pick on Smily Roberts, He's been awfully quiet as of late.New guitar, guess he's finally practicing.
Remember Mike, There are three kinds of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't! Now I gotch you!
Just kidding, I know you'd be the last to let me down. (an undertaker joke).
Your only friend, Bobbe K.