The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Concerning Bobbe Seymour
Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 8:07 am    

I did business with Bobbe Seymour
several months ago. I said it before and I'll say it again. We struck an agreement for the
work performed. He lived up to his end of the bargain and to that end I was very satisfied.
The work was done, the price was as agreed and Bobbe even took the time to throw in some
extras I didn't expect. For whatever the reason my C pedal was left hanging an inch or so
higher than I would have liked and due to my own ineptitude I needed to jack the front end up about 3/4". That's when I decided to give Ed, as a forum member, a
chance to make a few dollars. It was in no way a reflection on Bobbe or my dealings with him. Regardless of some rather deletorius comments made by
some concerning Bobbe, I truly believe he lives to promote and serve the steel guitar. I
don't care or want to know about his personal life's travails. We all have had our share of
personal tradgedies and mistakes that are for the most part, better left in undisclosed
histories. That being said let's get back to Steel guitars. I apologigize for any
misunderstandings.

[This message was edited by RC Antolina on 17 August 2001 at 09:40 AM.]

Frank Estes

Huntsville, AL
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 8:36 am    

I have dealt with Bobbe several times and I have NEVER had any problems. Bobbe is the guy who got me converted and hooked on Emmons push-pulls. For that alone, he will be my pal forever!

I have purchased a steel guitar from him and traded a steel guitar at a very fair price during that transaction, and I have sold him two steel guitars at more than fair prices.

It is my observation that the people who have a problem with Bobbe want something for free! People cannot expect to get retail on a trade-in or expect to buy a steel guitar from Bobbe at his cost. Duh! A business needs to make a profit, it is not some welfare program.

Not to embarrass Bobbe, but when I sold him a steel guitar several months ago, the check he gave me bounced. His office manager at the time was running his finances too close. She is no longer running his books, BTW.

Anyway, he offered to fly down to Huntsville and deliver the money in cash. He said it was the first time he had one of his business checks bounce and was very embarrassed. I just had him overnight a cashier's check instead.

The point is that he was willing to go way above and beyond by flying down to hand me the cash, had I wanted. That is impressive!

(Bobbe, do I get that date with Jeannie now?) Uh Oh! Here comes my wife...Ouch!

------------------
1978 Rosewood Emmons Push-Pull D-10 8+4

Mark Krutke

Tomahawk, WI USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 9:14 am    

Bobbe is a very good person to do business with - from his low prices on steel guitar products, to communicating to those who inquire of him for his advice and knowledge of the instrument.

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 9:21 am    

R.C. Thank you for the kind words. I found you to be a very nice and warm person to do business with. I would go out of my way to do business with you again. If there is anything I can do to help you with your guitar at this period of time, please let me know. I'd love to see you again anyway. It's about time for a check up on that piece of wood anyway, isn't it? HA HA!

Frank Estes, thank you for being such a great customer and person also. Our friendship supercedes any steel guitar dealings that we have ever had or that we could ever have. As far as Jeannie goes, you will never know how welcome you are, but be forwarned, you won't believe how much baggage comes along with this hand out. Which isn't as generous as it might appear!HA HA!
Thank you guys, I know I'm not perfect, and I do have a way of stepping on peoples toes at times. However, I try to have my heart in the right place, and treat people the way they deserve to be treated. This includes you to Steve Feldman. Bobbe

VERNON PRIDDY

ELIZABETHTOWN; KY. USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 9:24 am    

Any one Who Dosen"t Like Bobbe Seymour Probley Don't Like Any Body. He Is A Great Friend Of Mine. I've Known Him For Years And He Has Always Done Me Right. SONNY.

------------------
SONNYPRIDDY

Larry Cohen

Oshkosh, WI, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 9:37 am    

I have traded in 2 guitars with Bobbe. In return, and some cash, I received a beautiful Emmons. I have also purchased odds and ends from Bobbe, never a problem. Bobbe is excellent to deal with. No problems here.

------------------

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 9:38 am    

Sounds like the title of a country song to me, Vernon...

[This message was edited by Jim Cohen on 17 August 2001 at 10:39 AM.]

Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 9:49 am    

Let me add my experiences to the mix. I've bought two guitars from Bobbe and each has been a great experience. I paid fair prices and in one case, when I traded Bobbe a steel that could have brought more money sold privately than he could give me, he threw in a bunch of extras unasked. In fact, the last time I showed up - just to shoot the breeze and not buy anything - he kept trying to GIVE me stuff! Bobbe is a one-of-a-kind raconteur, bull slinger, steel virtuoso who sincerely likes people and tries to do business in a friendly and fair way. Anyone who doesn't think so should walk a mile in his shoes IMHO.

[This message was edited by Andy Volk on 17 August 2001 at 10:50 AM.]

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 10:01 am    

I ordered some items from Bobbe on the internet, and they were delivered in less than a week to my complete satisfaction...Just listen to that "Soulful Steel" album, and you'll see where Bobbe's heart comes from!

------------------
Regards,

John

Steelin' is a way of life!

My PSG website-Carter SD-12-U, 8p/5k, Nashville 1000

Ziggie

Freeland, Mi. USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 1:02 pm    

I guess I just can't leave this one alone. I bought 2 guitars from Bobbe. One through the mail where I had no idea what I would get except for Bobbes description. Well trust me, it turned out to be a wonderfull Sho-Bud and exactly what I was looking for. Thankyou, Bobbe! The other steel I got from him was when I was visiting a friend that just happened to live a few miles from Bobbes shop. Before I even made it to my friends house I stopped in to check out some steels. I was looking a a new GFI and and fell in love with it because it was so light and sounded so nice. Well we made a swap for another steel I had and Bobbe was very fair and helpfull. He told me right up front my old guitar was woth more then the new one and he would have to give me some money along with it. Now how often does someone tell you that when their in business! Well I asked him to throw on a couple more knee levers and I would be very happy and he agreed to. He let me take another GFI to work out on when I was waiting for the knee levers to be put on, at his suggesting. I was very happy with the deal and Bobbe was very helpfull. I don't know Bobbe real well but he sure seemed nice and has a good sense of humour. People would stop by his shop and chat and just have a good time steeling. Thanks again Bobbe!

David Pennybaker

Conroe, TX USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 1:58 pm    

Quote:
People would stop by his shop and chat and just have a good time steeling.

I didn't steal nothing when I dropped by!

Oh, you said STEELing

From the little I've seen of him, I have nothing but good to say about him. And his "Live!" album is terrific!

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

ArtPalazzini

Torrington , Ct. Litchfield
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 4:21 pm    

Just to add to what has been stated, I consider Bobbe to be ACES and wuold not any second thoughts about doing business with this gentleman..... Art

ArtPalazzini

Torrington , Ct. Litchfield
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 4:23 pm    

OK ,so I can`t spell too gud... Art

Jerry Horner

Tahlequah, OK, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 4:48 pm    

Heck guys, I don't even know him and I like him already.

Jerry

RichardMcKinney

Battle Ground, WA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 5:01 pm    

I recently purchased a Ernie Ball volume pedal from Bobbe.It was a heck of a deal.Bobbe was very kind and more than fair.
Bobbe are you interested in a Carter Starter?
Hmmmm....

------------------
Keep on Steelin
Carter 4/k 3/p

chas smith

Encino, CA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 5:23 pm    

Anyone who can be replaced by a couple of double A batteries is ok with me.

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 5:37 pm    

Just a quick note to let everybody know that Bobbe will deal fair and square with you. We got started off a little uneven, but we worked it out, and I would never be afraid to go back. Plus you have to have sympathy for a guy that at his age, still can't spell.

------------------
1985 Emmons push-pull, Session 500, Nashville400, 65 re-issue Fender Twin, Fender Tele

Bill Erb

Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 5:44 pm    

I usually don't say much but I have to comment on this topic. I have had dealings with Bobbe on 3 different steel guitars. He treated me very fare in each transaction. Bobbe is very knowledgeable on steel guitars and a very nice person to talk with. I have never met Bobbe but after talking with him on the phone it seams like I have always knew him. With out people like Bobby in the steel guitar retail busness we would be hard pressed to find the parts and supplies we need to enjoy steel guitar. I try to support him and his business in hopes that he may remain in the steel guitar business for many more years. I also enjoy his music. We all talk about wanting to find that special tone. Bobbe has the best tone I have ever heard. I rate Bobbe at the top of the list of steel players. The soulful steel CD says it all. That is one of the greatest CD's I have ever heard. Bobbe has the great masterful GOD giving gift of being able to make the steel guitar sound like I love to hear it sound. His music reaks with feeling that I am hard pressed to even begin to touch on. If you need anything related to steel guitars you can rest asured that bobbe will do his best in trying to take care of your needs. Keep up the good work Bobbe and I hope to see more of your CD's in the future.

------------------
BILL ERB

Wendell Neal

Broken Arrow, OK USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 9:34 pm    

After buying a guitar from Bobbe a month or so ago, I wholeheartedly agree with you guys. It was one of the best experiences I've had when making a "major" purchase. As with some of you, I got alot of extras to go along with the deal. The biggest extra was the time Bobbe took during my visit to Nashville. I will continue to do business with him in the future and consider him a good friend also.

[This message was edited by Wendell Neal on 17 August 2001 at 10:38 PM.]

Larry Miller

Dothan AL,USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2001 4:57 am    

I've dealt with Bobbe, in music and business for 20 years, he has always been fair, and I have always walked away from our dealings feeling good about it. We can only hope Bobbe has this same relationship with his hairdresser. Larry

------------------
GO TITANS GO!!!

Buddy Elkin

Henderson, KY, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2001 5:19 am    

I bought a .011 string from Bobbe and it broke. I'm pretty upset, but he's still a sweety pie.

Rick Garrett

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2001 5:38 am    

Unlike most of you I havent bought anything from Bobbe BUT I have spoken with him several times by phone and he's been helpful and kind as anyone I've met both times. First time I get up that way Im going to take the time to meet him. I was impressed enough with his kindness on the phone that I feel it will be well worth my time to meet him in person and, I aint that easily impressed!

Rick

Gary Lee Gimble

Fredericksburg, VA.
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2001 8:31 am    

I have been a retailer for years as a business owner and currently as an employee. The fact is simple, while conducting a business transaction, someone, no matter what the circumstances are, will be rubbed wrong. intentional or unintentional. That is the way it goes and there ain't no way around it. Misinterpretations happen all the time like translating the Bible. Different people will translate and interpret what was said or written in their own views. If you feel you've gotten the short end of the stick, be persistent but if you are off base, be prepared to get instructions to where the door is, and don't let it hit you in the a$$ on the way out!!!!!

Gary Lee

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2001 10:00 am    

Gary: Thou sayest IT !!

Regards, Paul

BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2001 10:35 am    

I hate Bobbie, I hate Bobbie, I hate Bobbie,,,,I thought I'd be differant
What it really is I'm jealousy cause he own a airplane and I only have a truck

------------------