The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Having Problems!
kevin grissom

scottsville ky 42164
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2000 2:38 am    

I am having problems with one of my computers
on this site. Sometimes i can't get connected to it and other times I can connect and browse though a couple of topics and them i must loose my connection because it will not pull up the next topic that i am trying to get, or any other topic that is available on this site. I think it has something to do with internet explorer on my computer,I just lost it a second a go and closed everything out including my exporer and opened a new explorer and here I am again. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Thank's Kevin Grissom
Also: I am not loosing connection to the internet just this site while i am in it.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2000 3:17 am    

Kevin, you didn't leave much information to try and troubleshoot. First, are you sure this is the ONLY site that you are having problems with or it it the only site you know of that you're having problems with. That's a major point.

The differences between the PC that you are having problems with and the one that works OK is another thing. What levels of software, hardware, etc. Too many variables without more specifics.

John Gretzinger

Canoga Park, CA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2000 11:39 am    

Kevin -

If you did the "upgrade" to IE 5.1 (I think that was the number) you may very well want to move up to either 5.0 or 5.5. That could be the source of your problems.

Jack is right - we need a little more information on software, versions, etc. before giving an intelligent guess.

jdg

------------------
MSA D-10
'63 Gibson Hummingbird
16/15c Hammered Dulcimer

Joseph Barcus

Volga West Virginia
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2000 4:52 pm    

i would say youre having trouble with resorces, in most computers there resorces are very low and when you get on the net it dont take long to load them up and it stops. you must set your computer up so that every program you have isnt running in the background, go to run/msconfig/press selective start up then in the spots click the 2 top ones, and one on the bottom this will make your computer run faster on the web and hold up alot longer good luck

Ernie Renn

Brainerd, Minnesota USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2000 3:33 am    

For any internet surfing problems, the first thing I do is: Delete my temporary internet files and history. Then do a thorough Scan Disk. Then do a Disk Defrag. Restart the computer and see what happens then. Most times the problem is fixed, as it was an available space problem.
Good luck!

------------------
My best,
Ernie

The Official Buddy Emmons Website
www.buddyemmons.com