The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Problems Getting back to Topic List After Posting
Louie Hallford

denison tx
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2000 6:27 pm    

Why do I have to click "back" from 4 to 7 times when I am trying to get back to the topic list after I have replied to an exsisting topic or posted a new topic.

I keep bouncing back to topic which is fine ,as I want to read my post,but then I go back to my note,back to topic back to....etc . This always happens a minimum of 4 times sometimes as many as 7.

The time I wait before clicking"back" seems to make no difference.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2000 6:38 pm    

You have to do it pretty quick or else it will automatically send you back to your edited post. I use Backspace to go back, just tap it four times and you're back to the list of posts.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2000 2:37 am    

Do not click "back" after you have posted. Once you have posted and it displays your post, either click the "hop to" at the bottom of the page to go back to that forum (or select a differnt forum) or you can select the "tree" at the top of the page to go back to the forum listing.

Just clicking "back" or hitting the backspace takes you back to the previous page, and in the case of a post will take you back to the page that tells you your post was accepted and it is taking you back to the subject. You can hit the back several times fast and it will take you back to the forum listing but you will be out of sync with the forum.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2000 5:20 am    

Jack, when I do it as you suggested, the browser treats it as a new visit, resetting my last time visited, and turning all the new posts that I haven't read to yellow. Is that another problem? Hitting backspace works unless I do Ctl-N to open a new window, then that resets the visit time too.