The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Label software
Joe Delaronde

Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2000 8:37 pm    

I have been using Printshop 6 Deluxe, for making cassette labels. It does an excellent job. However, it only supports Avery brand labels, which are rather pricey.
I picked up some Laser Products labels,(excellent sticking power) but they do not conform to the PS template which cannot be altered.
I also use Labels Unlimited, but it is limited as to font styles such as shadowing, color and texture, but it allows customizing the label page.
Is there a good software labeling package that can support any type label, or allow customizing and creating graphical fonts, etc.
Thanks...........Joe

Ron Turner

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2000 9:14 pm    

I use Label Designer 2.0 by Softkey. It supports many different label brands and you can customize also. I think it cost me around $20 to $30. I use it a lot. Great program.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2000 2:23 am    

I use "Case Liner". It is a shareware program (that I bought) that will make J cards with plain paper. I use 24lb paper which works pretty good. It prints an outline of the card, for cutting. There is also a companion program for making CD inserts from plain paper.

The web page is http://user.mc.net/~eda

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2000 8:15 am    

I use CD Stomper Pro which sucks in a big way ! It is the worst software I have dealt with ever.

Bob

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2000 1:37 pm    

I wrote parts of Print Shop, and now I work for Avery, so it's been really hard for me to decide to comment in this thread. I must apologize for the program limitations imposed by our marketing departments.

If I were you, I'd design a template in Microsoft Word or that matches the layout of your non-Avery labels. I think that's the best way to do what you're trying to do.

The Softkey program is originally from Bear Rock, I think. Bear Rock was purchased by Avery last year. When and if the program resurfaces on the consumer market, it won't have the same name. I don't know if Mattel is still pushing the Softkey product lines.

I've used Case Liner and I like it for J cards. I was never able to talk the Print Shop people into supporting J card projects. Marketing types aren't very musical, I'm afraid.