The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Goodrich LDR. Holy cow!
Nicholas Dedring

Beacon, New York, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2004 7:15 am    

New Volume Pedal just came in the mail yesterday. The tone quality is wild... the harmonics just jump out at you, the sound is just a lot crisper and brighter (in a good way.)

It's hard to get accustomed to how much more range there is within the sweep, from full off to full on is a bigger volume change than I was used to with the pot pedal I have.

I was using the full frequency input... there's no documentation with the thing, so question is: what the heck does the trim pot do for the second input? Cut the high frequencies? I haven't fooled around with it yet, but I was wondering whether anyone else is using that input, and for what purpose it's useful.

I had heard some criticism of the removable wall wart, but the idea that it can just be replaced on the spot if it fails is kind of reassuring.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2004 8:41 am    

Yes, the trimpot loads the coils in your pickup to reduce the highs. Experiment with it to find the right setting for your ear and equipment.

------------------
Bob "Wiz" Feinberg
AIM Screenname: Wizcrafts
1983 Rosewood Emmons D10 Push-Pull, with 8 pedals and 9 knee levers, George L E66 pickups and aluminum necks. Nashville 400 amp with Peavey Mod. Emmons pedalbar mounted and Goodrich LDR volume pedals.
I use and endorse Jagwire Strings and accessories.

Keep Steelin' but don't get caught!

Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2004 8:47 am    

Yes, I bought a Hilton pedal a couple of weeks ago. I can't beleive the change. No noise or hiss of any kind. It is so clean and bright I can't believe I used a pot pedal all these years. I am so thrilled. Technology marches on...........

[This message was edited by Ron Sodos on 12 March 2004 at 08:47 AM.]