The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PV Session 500 weight Versus NV400
Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2004 4:43 pm    

How much lighter is the 400 than the 500,I have the backbreaker 500,but have a line on a super Nashville 400 also,whats the 400 worth,super clean,never been played out.

Thanks Bill

------------------
Bill Ford

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2004 7:07 am    

Bill, the Nashville 400 weighs 60lbs. Wish that I could tell you what the Session 500 weighs, but I don't have one to weigh. But, you can get yours weighed and tell us all!

I recommend that you check out the Nashville 1000(57lbs.) and the Nashville 112(42.5lbs.), but keep in mind that if your application is for live stagework, the Nashville 1000 would be more suitable due to its 300 watt power rating.

Here is a link from the Peavey website on both of the above new models; http://www.peavey.com/products/shop_online/browse.cfm/action/final/wc/1A1B31/fam/1B3/c/1/nashville.cfm

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation

Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2004 9:22 am    

My Session 500 weighed 92 lbs on my bathroom scale!
www.genejones.com

[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 04 March 2004 at 09:22 AM.]

Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2004 4:40 pm    

Thanks Mike,Gene..92lbs???try lugging that bugger up a flight of steep stairs.

Got a great deal on a NV400,never been played out,sounds real good. This is probably all I need,I heard one at Saluda the other nite and thats as big of a place that I ever play.(or,attempt to play).
The 500 is history.

Thanks guys...Bill

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2004 12:04 pm    

You should be able to get a good price on the 500 since there are many 500 enthusiasts.

Anders Brundell

Falun, Sweden
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2004 12:17 am    

My European version (230 V) Session 500 weighs 45 kg (99 lbs). I don't need gym workouts, and that saves money well needed for paying amps.

Anders

Will Aytes

Bartow, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2004 5:52 am    

Hey Gene

I still have your old Session 500, it is a great amp, sounds wonderful. If you remember I had my x wife pick it up for me at the show. I am amazed of how good of condition this amp is in, a person would think it was brand new. I thank you again. But it is a monster load.

Regards
Will

------------------
MSA D-12 8&5 , Transtube Fex, Nashville 400, Session 500, New Mullen HWP D-10 on order

Gene Jones

Post  Posted 9 Mar 2004 6:06 am    

Thanks Will, sure I remember taking the amp to the Dallas Show last year for you. It was always a great sounding amp and could handle anything it was asked to do....the only problem was, as I got older it got heavier!

I'm still carrying about as much weight around, but now I have it broken down into three pieces so I don't have to carry it all at the same time!

www.genejones.com

David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2004 3:22 pm    

Why do people manufacture and buy combos weighing more than 50 lbs.? I don't get it. I would think anyone would rather have a 30 lb. head and a 30 lb. speaker. This also provides much more flexibility, not just for handling, but for amp-speaker combinations, and for placing the amp with its controls in easy reach, with the speaker(s) at the back of the stage or on a stand.

Anders Brundell

Falun, Sweden
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2004 2:07 am    

If you stack twise as much on the cart it's 4 times more likely that something will fall off on your way to the stage.

David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2004 3:53 am    

That's what bungee cords are for. Besides, who needs a cart when you can carry the amp head in one hand and the speaker in the other, for a nice balanced load.

Anders Brundell

Falun, Sweden
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2004 12:35 pm    

That's right, David!
And so I can carry the steel between my teeth and kick the seat in front of me.

Anders

[This message was edited by Anders Brundell on 10 March 2004 at 12:37 PM.]

David Doggett

Post  Posted 10 Mar 2004 2:59 pm    

Okay, so maybe it's more trips with lighter loads. But for me that's better. If stairs are involved, even having a hand cart is not enough help once amps get over 50 lbs. Bumping my 60 lb. Nashville 400 (plus a 10 lb. cart) up stairs one step at a time was not fun. And a 95 lb. Twin Reverb is getting close to impossible. Just lifting something like that in and out of my van was almost prohibitive. Maybe gravity is less over there in Europe. I do remember the last time I was in Amsterdam I felt very light headed.

Gene Jones

Post  Posted 10 Mar 2004 3:43 pm    

David....the most prevalent cause for the "disability" of steel guitar players is lifting those heavy amplifiers out of the trunk of a 1970's Cadilac....first being hernias, and the next being back trouble.

www.genejones.com