The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The POD-Line 6
Brett Traylor

Magnolia, AR, U.S.
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2001 2:11 pm    

I recently purchased an effects processor called the POD for my pedal steel. The settings that I currently use on the POD sound okay, but I would like to know if anyone else has experimented with this device and perhaps could send me some different ways to set the POD that would compliment the steel guitar?

Ole Dantoft

Copenhagen, Denmark
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2001 1:07 am    

Hello Brett and welcome to the Forum !
There have been a number of discussions on the POD here, so try and use the "search" function, both in this topic, and in Bar Chatter.

I use the POD for steel and ordinary guitar, and for steel I always use the Twin Reverb-model without cabinet-simulation. This gives me the most headroom and the cleanest sound.

I have the old version 1.4 firmware, so I have to use the SoundDiver software to get to that amp-model, but I suppose you have the version 2.0 where you can select even the additional amp's from the front-panel !

Rgds.

Ole

Glenn Austin

Montreal, Canada
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2001 4:07 pm    

Hi Brett, I use a POD for guitar and steel.My amp is a Vegas 400.I find that the Deluxe Reverb model works the best for me. The Fender Twin model sounds a little to thin for my tastes.I find that POD sounds alot more convincing going direct into the P.A. than going into the front of my amp.I use my Pod in manual mode and have saved a few presets that I like. If you are using a guitar amp, it sounds better if the speaker simulation is off(switch in the amp direction). For steel I keep the drive control off and channel volume pretty high.