The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  First gig with Hilton
Dave Burton

Richland,Wa. USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2001 2:32 am    

Keith, I would just like to say how much I like your Volume pedal!Last weekend was the first and it sounds great.It is so clean at any volume with very consistant tone, my great appreciation for a great product that is so important to us steelers. Dave

Bob Brocius

Lake Katrine, NY USA Don't blink, you'll miss it.!
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2001 11:08 am    

I will second that. It took me a couple gigs to get use to the differences but now, you couldn't give me a Pot Pedal. One complaint I heard was that the pedal is just one more thing that has to be plugged in. My response to that is: I'd rather do one more plug at the beginning of the night than worry all night about the string breaking. Also, for me, it always breaks in the OFF position and I can't even finish the song without control. I'm a happy puppie now.

------------------
Bobby Brocius, JCH D-10, 9x7
New Zum, D-10, 8x8 Due in Wednesday

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2001 8:11 pm    

Dave, before I started using the Hilton pedal I was constantly changing amp equipment trying to find sound I was happy with. I accumulated several rack systems and amps. With the Hilton I can take any of them even a single Evans amp and a Profex II and be completely happy with my sound. I would really hate to have to do without it now.
Jerry

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2001 10:16 pm    

It should be me thanking you guys for using my pedal. I feel so honored that you are using my pedal. Jerry, how did you come out after your operation? How is Ben Jack doing after his operation? Ben may need to know we still think about him. How is Bob White doing? I worry about all you guys. I hope they invite me to play on the Tulsa Show this year. They ask me to play last year, but I didn't have my guitar. I am going to be playing the show up in Iowa in February.