The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 1000/Session 2000/PX 300
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2000 9:19 am    

I want to thank all of the Peavey Nashville 1000 and Session 2000 purchasers for their support. These are two of the most innovative products that we have designed and produced for steel guitarists and your e-mail messages as well as support on the Forum have made them some of our most popular.

I believe that the N'Ville 400 leads the pack in longevity of any product that we have built for the steel guitarists, but the 1000 looks like it will have a long life also.

Thanks for using Peavey products.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 27 Oct 2000 1:17 pm    

Yeah, I guess so. But the Nashville 400 was on the market many more years. But, it just goes to show that everyone has their preferences. I dont want to argue with you, Bill as I know that you love the Session 500's.........and the Nashville 1000's! Thanks for choosing Peavey.

Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2000 10:32 pm    

Mike,

Of the effects units already out there, (i.e. Profex II, Transtufe fex, Tubefex, etc), which one is being used in the 2000? If it's a new version, are there any plans to market it as a new rack unit?

Thanks.

Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2000 10:33 pm    

Mike,

Of the effects units already out there, (i.e. Profex II, Transtube fex, Tubefex, etc), which one is being used in the 2000? If it's a new version, are there any plans to market it as a new rack unit?

Thanks.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 8:49 am    

The algorithms that make up the presets for the Session 2000 are similar, however they are not exact as the amp features four EQ curves from various amp models. The curves can be selected via the front panel MODE switches or these can be programmed into the preset that you choose.

We do not have plans to release a rack mounted version of the Session 2000. For more information on Peavey steel products, check out our website at "www.peavey.com".

Luke Nelson

Juneau, Alaska USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 8:55 am    

Maybe we'll see the Peavey Valverb back
again?? I love that thing.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 12:37 pm    

Maybe.

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 3:25 pm    

I recently got my Session 2000 and I am the proverbial kid in the candy store. The 138 presents are mind boggling! I am about half way through them and I really like the Newman and the Carter settings for E9th. The tuner, however, if basically worthless in that you will normally be too far away from the amp to see the display. Also, I have noticed that on this amp and my input jack seems to be a little loose. The jack doesn't have a snap when it goes in. Various chords do the same. Anyone know a trick to tighten it, without tearing into it.
Not to be critical, though, this is a great amp that will be a player's standard for years. You can get rid of your gadgets and attachments; super sustain, delays, profex, etc. It does it all.

Luke Nelson

Juneau, Alaska USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 3:35 pm    

Jim, A company call Lonely Planet(I think)
makes a cord that has a pressure fit on the
plug. My wife uses it on her 900 watt bass
amp. You might try it.

Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 5:30 pm    

Jim: Regarding the problem you're having with being too far away from the amp to see the display, you might want to consider getting a Peavey RC 2000 remote controller. This unit clamps onto the leg of your steel, and it has a screen in it so you can see everything that is on your amp screen. Of course, you can also change programs with this unit as well. Check it out.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 1 Nov 2000 6:17 am    

You may check out the specs for the Peavey RC2000 on the Peavey website at "www.peavey.com". Simply click on "products", then AMPS AND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. The RC200 is in the right column under SPECIALTY COMBOS.

Let me know if you have questions. Thanks for choosing Peavey gear.

John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2000 8:47 pm    

Mike:

I played an outside gig last night with my Nashville 1000 and the tone was outstanding. I use it for guitar as well. I play a Strat and I just adjust the graphic EQ I use and the guitar tone is fine.

Question:
I have been faithfully using the effects loop to patch in my FX till the last couple gigs. Due to small stages, time factor, etc. I tried running the FX between the vol. pedal and amp (the "old fashioned way") and I couldn't hear any difference. We weren't playing very loud so maybe that was a factor. But exactly what is the advantage of using the effects loop and am I doing any damage to my amp or effects?

John