The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Carvin guitar amp
barry wheeler

Sumerco, WV, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2000 4:54 pm    

For those who want a smaller, lighter amp, the Carvin SX100D guitar amp would be one to consider. I received mine over a week ago and I love it. It has 100 watts RMS, a good quality 12 inch speaker and a built in processor, I like the digital delay/reverb combinations it offers. It has many more nice features as well. It has plenty of power and you can use the direct out to your mixing board when out picking. Sounds great and at only 36 pounds, a lot easier on my back than my Vagas 400. Whth the cover, the price is right at $400.00. You can find it at carvin.com.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2000 5:43 pm    

Carvin has been in business for a long time, making amps and guitars. Back in the '60s, they even made a PSG, as well as a lever-bridge changer (I think it was called "Change-O-Matic") that let the Hawaiian player have three different tunings on a single neck just by moving a lever.

For some reason, they just never caught on, and they're still a very small manufacturer. They always had good prices, though.

Martin Abend

Berlin, Germany
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2000 8:39 am    

I never understood that they are so small, too. They tried to get a foot in the door in Germany a few years back, but noone was interested in their stuff. I guess it's a image problem. They might sell more if they were more expensive and exclusive.

------------------
martin abend my homepage martinabend@yahoo.com
s-10 sierra crown gearless 3 x4 - fender hotrod deluxe