The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender Vol/Tone Foot Cntrl. - Schematic?
John Hanusch

Benson, AZ USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2000 7:22 am    

Howdy, -- I just acquired one of these, but it doesn't work. A prevoius owner had added another set of jacks on the other side (quite nicely) and installed a double gang/tandem volume pot. Double pot appears to be the same make as the single tone pot. I have another older Fender foot control that I was going to use as a reference to fix this newer one. I figured the newer one had been wired wrong with the stereo modification. I noticed the old one has a capacitor in the circuit, but I can't make out the value. The new modified one doesn't have a cap in it. Questions, please-- 1). Where can I get a correct, original schematic? - and, 2). Anyone have an idea what the schematic should look like for a stereo (double inputs and outputs) setup?? I don't need a hard copy per se of either. Also, anyone have a date idea-- serial # B 11561, with sphagetti Fender script on pad and foil tape above jacks for "AMPLIFIER" & "INSTRUMEMT" ??
Thank you very much for any input/info on this. Regards, John H.
ps-- I tried the 'search' function, but it didn't work.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2000 7:30 am    

I'm at work but have a home drawn wiring diagram at home that I got from Russ Wever and have sent to a few people. If you don't get it by this evening I'll send it to you.

John Hanusch

Benson, AZ USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2000 2:35 pm    

Thanks, Jim---
Your help is much appreciated. I'll email my address to you. Thanks, again---John H.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2000 3:54 pm    

You've got mail!

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2000 1:22 am    

John, the script logo on your pedal probably means mid '70s, or later vintage. I bought a new one in '66, and one in '72, and they both had the old block-lettered logo.

John Hanusch

Benson, AZ USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2000 7:29 am    

Donny,...Thanks for the info. I certainly appreciate it. I got the schematic for the original mono setup from Jim as noted above. Any other ideas for the wiring on this stereo mod?? Or might that mod be for something other than stereo since it has a double gang vol. pot and only a single tone pot?? Thanks, again...John H.

Max Laine

Pori, Finland
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2000 9:28 am    

The book "Fender Amps, The First Fifty Years" states that the script logo on volume pedals replaced the block letters logo in mid sixties, while on volume/tone pedal it was changed around 1962... So there must have been some really old stock somewhere...

I have two of these volume/tone pedals waiting for restoration and I would like to know the values of the pots (especially the tone pot) and the cap. Gentlemen?

Max

Chris DeBarge

Boston, Mass
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2000 2:33 pm    

I believe it's 250K for the pots, .1 uF for the tone cap. Least that's what mine has, and it sounds great!

John Hanusch

Benson, AZ USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2000 10:18 am    

Just F.Y.I. -- The schematic that Jim Smith sent me has the tone cap listed as .02 uF - 150v. No values are given for the pots. jh