The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Lawrence 8-String pickup
Gerald Cook

Lexington, OK USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2000 11:14 pm    

About a year or so ago, I put a new Lawrence 8-string pickup (forgive me for not remembering the model #) on an S-8, non-pedal that I made. I probably haven't played it much more than a half-dozen times (too many steels, not enough time). Today I decided to get it out and play some and noticed cracks around the screw holes running down the side of the pickup. Upon further inspection, I noticed four more cracks in the plastic starting at the posts running across the top and down the sides. I know that the pickup was not over-tightened and the steel has spent most of its time in a good durable case. I still plan on using it as long as I can because of the great sound I'm getting from it. I was wondering if anyone else ever ran across this before.

Jeff Peterson

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2000 1:01 pm    

Bill doesn't use plastic....sounds fishy. Cole was right...call Bill, he will certainly want to hear about this.

Gerald Cook

Lexington, OK USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2000 4:14 pm    

Thanks guys for your in-put. I did talk to Bill & said he would take care of the problem with the 608 pick-up. He did say they have used plastic but sometimes he is at the mercy of other manufactures that make the cases for the pick-ups.

b0b, you can close this thread. Thanks!