The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  peavey amps?
jon pope

atascadero, Ca. USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2000 2:18 pm    

Being a new player I'm interested in buying a used peavey. However can anyone tell me about the general differences between say a Vegas, Nashville, Session ect. Thanks

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2000 7:22 am    

Hello Jon,
Thank you for inquiring about our steel guitar amps. The '400' series of Peavey amps all have some simularities, but I think that I can better assist you by phone if you will call me toll free here at the factory. Our number is 1-877-732-8391. I can go more in depth by speaking directly with you.

You may also look at our steel products on the Peavey website at www.peavey.com

Thanks.

[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 01 June 2000 at 08:40 AM.]

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 30 May 2000 4:08 pm    

Hi Jon,

You can't go wrong with Peavey, been useing the 30 years, Mike Brown is a great help when you need it just call , But, don't loan him a Steel Bar...

[This message was edited by David Wright on 30 May 2000 at 05:08 PM.]

[This message was edited by David Wright on 30 May 2000 at 05:09 PM.]

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 31 May 2000 12:18 pm    

I'll never live that one down. It grew kangaroo legs(not steel legs) and hopped into someone's pocket at the Texas show.

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 31 May 2000 7:06 pm    

It probably heard Lloyd Greens song Bar Hoppin and thought I can hop as well

------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten

LSUTPHIN

Chesapeake, Va, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2000 9:06 pm    

If you want the best amp in my opinion, you can't go wrong with the Peavy Nashville 1000.
It is by far the best amp I have ever played through. I have owned a Peavey session 500, a LTD, a Nashville 400, and an Evans fet 500.
The 1000 sounds the best for me.
Larry

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 1 Jun 2000 5:22 am    

Thank you Larry for your purchase of the Nashville 1000 amp. I think that you have purchased the finest steel amp made to date.
If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please let me know. I can be reached toll free at 1-877-732-8391 in the U.S..

Mike Brown/Peavey Electronics Corporation

Scott Moon

Canyon Lake, TX
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2000 6:48 pm    

I have to agree! I just bought a Nashville 1000 about 3 weeks ago and it seems no matter where you set the EQ it sounds good! I play fiddle, guitar, and pedal steel through this amp and I AM impressed. You can't go wrong with this one!

Fred Murphy

Indianapolis, In. USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2000 8:47 am    

I agree on the new 1000. The best Peavey amp they have ever made. Great tone for steel and lead guitar both. It also looks great.

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2000 2:43 pm    

Too bad they dont make one that runs on 220 volts. Europe doesnt exist anymore at Peaveys.

------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten

Jerry Wright

Leeds,Al. US
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2000 5:48 pm    

jon,There is no way to go wrong with a Peavey.
I own a Session 500(Bought it New 20yrs.ago and only spent $60 on it last year.
I also have a Nashville 400(It is as Sweet as it gets.
Everybody keeps on talking about the new 1000
and I guess I might take a look.
What about a trade-in Mike.

------------------

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 8 Jun 2000 6:24 am    

Hello Jerry,
I'm afraid that trade-ins to the factory are not possible. Sorry, but thanks for choosing the Nashville 1000. More amp innovations forthcoming.

Chuck Hall

Warner Robins, Ga, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2000 3:09 pm    

Mike

What about the Session 2000 with the midi pedal? I requested info via the net and got a bumper sticker and a stuff brochure but nothing on the 2000. I think I really want the whole shooting match.

I own and use regularly 4 Peavey amps, 2 Peavey guitars, a Peavey mic, a Peavey PA and Peavey straps and chords. Any chances you'll make a mic stand? I'll buy that too. Peavey makes the best stuff

Chuck

------------------
MCI D10 8/4 and ZumSteel S10
Nashville 400

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 12 Jun 2000 6:48 am    

Hello Chuck,
Thank you very much for the compliments about our gear. Yes, we offer several types of microphone stands through our accessory program. If you will contact me by e-mail with your mailing address, I will be glad to send you our most recent catalogs at no charge. My e-mail address is "mikebrown@peavey.com" or you may contact me toll free in the U.S.at 1-877-732-8391 from 8am-5:30pm CST, Monday-Friday.

Give me a call.

Garry Pugh

Nashville Indiana
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2000 8:24 am    

I have not played the 1000 but my favorite Peavey amp is the Vegas. I bought one new in 1983 and only had to have minor repairs since then.

It's a little heavier than the Nashville but I think the larger cabinet improves the tone.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 14 Jun 2000 6:46 am    

Jon, I haven't heard from you by phone yet, so I thought that I needed to answer your original question about the differences of the various Peavey steel amps.

The Nashville 400 and Vegas 400 were part of the Peavey "City Series" of amps that we started manufacturing back in the early '80's. Both were rated at 210 watts and had a single 15" Black Widow speaker. The Session came equipped with the 1501-4ohm, and the Nashville with a 1502-4ohm. The Vegas was a two channel amp with separate eq circuits and the Nashville 400 was a single channel amp.

We built the first Session 400 back in the mid to late '70's. Then, in the late '80's/early '90's we introduced the Session 400 Limited. It came equipped with a 1501-4ohm, then later we changed it to the 1501-4ohm SB(shallow basket). However, the '70's Session 400 came equipped with a JBL speaker. The eq circuit of the first Session was duplicated for the later Session, however we added 2 post eq effects loops. Both versions were rated at 210 watts.

The latest version is the Nashville 1000. We also updated the Session 2000 amplifier. Both are in production at this time. Both amps come equipped with the 1501-4ohm shallow basket Black Widow speaker, both have identically constructed speaker cabinets and both come equipped with our newly designed 300 watt digital power amp. The main difference between these two amps is that the preamp is a digital processor and the Nashville 1000 is analog. The Nashville 1000 has the a simular circuit as the Nashville 400, with the exception of post eq effects loop and a slightly different sounding reverb tank. The Session 2000 has a 24 bit effects processor which allows you to select up to 38 effect types. You can select from 128 factory programs or 128 user programs. Many presets were programmed by the "pros", however all 256 presets are very usable for performing.

We have also introduced the PX300 powered extension cabinet and the RC2000 midi handcontroller for selecting presets on the Session 2000 or from the Peavey Tubefex, Transtube Fex and Profex II processors. The PX300 is a 300 watt powered enclosure that can be used with the Session 2000 to complete the stereo set up.

I hope that this gives you a brief overview of our steel amps. However, if you would like to obtain more info, check out our website at "www.peavey.com" as I have written an article entitled "27 Years Of Steel Guitar Amplication". It can be located under the Interactive Forum.

If I can be of further assistance, feel free to call me at 1-877-732-8391.