The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  band in a box
Bill Kennedy

Hesperia, Mi. u.s.a.
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2000 1:57 pm    

I HOPE YOU TECH GUYS CAN HELP ME ON THIS. I HAVE THE " BB" PROGRAM AND TRIED TAPING SONGS
FROM IT THAT I PUT IN [TO PRACTICE WITH]USING
A PLUG FROM A HEADPHONE JACK IN ONE OF MY SPEAKERS TO A MIC INPUT OF A INEXPENSIVE CASSET PLAYER.RESULTS WERE POOR PLAYED BACK THRU A PRETTY DECENT 12in.SPEAKER.TRIED COMING OUT DIRECT FROM COMPUTER,STILL NO GOOD.I'm just on social security so can't get
any fancy electronics.can some one help me with this? tell me what I need? I sure would be greatfull for some help. BILL KENNEDY

John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2000 3:36 pm    

Bill, you should be able to take the mini jack line out of you're computer, and have it go into some kind of mixer or amplifier. The signal will be low level and will need boosting by an amp. Pick up a mini male to 1/4" phono jack cord to go into you're mixer. If you have a home stereo, get mini to RCA jack and go into accessory or tape input on the back of the stereo.

Bill Kennedy

Hesperia, Mi. u.s.a.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2000 4:19 am    

JOHN LACY THANK YOU; I HAVE AN OLD TRAINER
HEAD I CAN USE TO BOOST THE SIGNAL,BUT NO STEREO,OR 'MIXER'.GUESS I'LL HAVE TO MAKE DO
WITH MY LITTLE CASSETTE RECORDER.-hAVE YOU OR SOME ONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY THING 'USED' FOR SALE THAT MIGHT BE OF USE FOR THIS? thank you BILL KENNEDY

John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2000 6:19 am    

Bill, what's really ideal for a nice home setup is to buy a Mackie mixer, used. I've got a 1202, it's about 8"X8" and I can plug my steel, keyboards, output from computer into it and either feed that signal to a home amp (stereo amp) or to headphones with a built-in volume control for silent playing. My computer fires the BIAB, the keyboard delivers sounds to the mixer, and I mix my steel and play along to BIAB silently with headphones or blast away thru home-stereo speakers. Should be able to buy the Mackie used for $200. New they're about $500. They're solidly built and will last many years.