The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  POD Steel-settings
Martin Abend

Berlin, Germany
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2000 2:25 am    

Hi,

I traded my Tech 21-Amp for a POD and I never played anything better sounding with my guitar.
But I have problems to find a decent sound for my steel. I remember some months ago a forumite wrote that he had contacted a tech from Line 6 and mailed him his desired sound. He got the settings from that tech and offered to mail it to everybody that would also like to have it.

Now I can't find this topic through the "search"-page so maybe the one that I'm talking of could contact me? I really would appreciate it.

If someone else came up with some good ideas I'd be delighted to read them!

All the best

Martin

------------------
S-10 Sierra Crown gearless

Bob Markison

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2000 7:47 pm    

Martin - I'm far from an expert - but I'm enjoying the POD for all sorts of things. With my lap steel, I'm using the amp sim that comes with the companion CD ROM called "Jazz Clean" (see appendix A in the manual). The physical knob settings on my POD are amp model:POD Clean, Effects:Bypass, up on bass and mid, down on treble, no Drive, reverb up 40% of the way; and I sent the Jazz Clean amp sim from my iMac computer to one of the POD's user settings (7A just to pick a lucky number). I think there must be some steel playing POD pilots out there who are working on the answers. My suggestion is offered with maximal humility. I'm also using a Korg Kaoss Pad between the POD and the amp or recorder - the POD and Pad are great friends. - Bob

Martin Abend

Berlin, Germany
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2000 5:19 am    

Thanks a lot Bob,

but there must also be some other guys using this graet device...

So: Any other ideas anyone???

Bob Markison

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2000 9:15 pm    

Martin: Pod patches (libraries which can be used to load patches from a computer into the POD) - 400 free downloads - including alot of Fender amp simulations - I just downloaded them, and it will take a while to see which might be adaptable to steel guitar - here's the site and good luck: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/2786/POD.html

-Bob Markison