The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Reba's new cut
tim duvall

greensburg,pa,usa
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2000 5:36 am    

If you haven't heard Reba's new song, you are going to be shocked. Well, maybe not. This is the most sounding pop- country song that is being played. The only break is played by a rock guitar. The background music -"noise"almost totally drowns Reba out. Not that that is a bad thing. I can honestly say that I was surprised they played it on the country station. You'll just have to hear it.Reba had some great cuts a few years ago, but recently......

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2000 8:54 am    

Sucks...

------------------
Carter D10 8p/10k
Richard Sinkler BS, www.sinkler.com

Robert Jones

Branson, Missouri
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2000 2:57 pm    

It sure isn't country music as I see it. Rock and Roll is more the term for it. If Terry Crisp is still with Reba I wonder what his comments would be on the song. I sure didn't hear him playing on it. If he was the engineer had him WAY down in the mix. I hate when that happens.

------------------
www.dbcooperonline.com

kyle reid

Butte,Mt.usa
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2000 11:30 pm    

Reba Rockintyre

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2000 9:59 am    

I admit I loved Reba when she started out more. Then she hit big and thought she had to over sing.
But, her new single rocks with music and I hear steel! She has to keep up with the younger female acts to sell! The girls are out selling the guys by far. Theresa

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2000 6:12 am    

Out selling the guys? I believe that.With all the garbarge the guys have out it sure is not because of "Talent"....Fred Materatz could out sell them..I haven't heard Reba's new song but i'll certainly do what I did for her last song....turn down the volume when it comes on... At least I let it play now how can anyone say I don't give them a chance.

------------------
CJC

Gregg Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn.,USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2000 1:16 am    

Actually, Terry Crisp phoned me a week or so ago. His father has had a stroke, and is recuperating at home in Anderson, S.C. Terry also mentioned that Reba layed the entire band off, indefinitely,----going into winter....no retainer. Musicians are a "disposable itim", I suppose---just another plane crash! What a c*nt! Sorry,b0b.
Gregg

Joe Casey

Post  Posted 29 Nov 2000 4:16 am    

I suppose her income is down so she can't afford it..Poor girl has to get by during the Holidays..Musicians don't have family's or celebrate holidays I guess..One more reason I don't and never have cared for her..

------------------
CJC

Boomer

Brentwood, TN USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2000 7:01 am    

I liked her music years ago, but then she went "pop" (I personally don't think she could go pop with a balloon in a tack storm IMHO). All of the vocal gymnastics and making single syllable words seven syllables instead of one. I guess she has acquired the prizefighter's mentality. She thinks she has one more fight in her, and vows to compete on the pop level with the kid singers out there. If longevity in music is her goal, country music - true country music - is hers for the taking, if in fact she doesn't think it beneath her to sing the melody of a song for a change. And I must respectfully disagree with Gregg in that she isn't a "can't" girl, she's a "can" girl if she applies herself to country music Best, Boomer

BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2000 7:31 am    

Yea Boomer she's a can girl ,And I canned her along time ago.
I'm not saying she ca'nt sing.
She's just nolonger singing what I prefer to liston to.

------------------
BJ Bailey

Joe Casey

Post  Posted 29 Nov 2000 3:47 pm    

------------------
CJC

[This message was edited by Joe Casey on 30 November 2000 at 05:05 AM.]

Robert Jones

Branson, Missouri
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2000 11:23 am    

I sure didn't know about Terries father Gregg thanks for the post. Hope all is well with them. I also hate to hear that they have been put up on the shelf. I guess when you don't care about anyone but yourself it's easy to do. Reba isn't piling up too many points with me that's for sure, but then who am I.......just another musician so she probably won't care anyway. Happy Holidays to all. Hope 2001 is a better year for us muisicans.

Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2000 11:53 am    

Anyone know how Starstuck stock is doing ?
Maby the hall of fame could use her building for storage.

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047

Boomer

Brentwood, TN USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2000 3:15 pm    

Don't know about the stock. But Starstruck recording studio is set up kind of funky. Good SSL board and all that, but to do a live session with more than six players, the acoustic guitarist had to go to the second floor and look through the plexiglas floor to see the other musicians, communicating with them through the acoustic guitar mike. I know this because I was the acoustic player on a particular date over there. Horrible vibe. It would make a great helicopter pad, though; I think they should pull out those plans again Best, Boomer

Earl Erb

Old Hickory Tenn
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2000 6:26 pm    

Way to go Gregg and Boomer...my feelings exactly on all counts.I'm glad I'm not the Lone Ranger.

Al Udeen

maple grove mn usa
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2000 10:38 pm    

Starstunk