The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  SHO-BUD PRO 1 Pedal Steel Guitar
Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2005 8:09 am    

I have a SHO-BUD PRO 1 Pedal Steel Guitar that lists its year of manufacture as 1979. It is in excellent shape (no nicks, dents, or scratches). Perfect working order. Beautiful inlay. Four straight knee lever arms. Three pedals. Case included (also excellent condition). Asking $1500 (freight included). Some sentimental value.

[This message was edited by Carol Banach on 11 September 2005 at 09:07 AM.]

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2005 1:20 pm    

Carol what color is this guitar ? Does it have all the original equipment . By equipment i'm talking about the pickup and knee levers . Do you know if it is a standard height ? Do you know the set-up ? Sho~Bud or Emmons -Day ? I hope that i'm not confusing you with all these questions . But people will have to know this sooner or later . It sounds like a nice steel guitar . Thanks for posting it . Best regards,,,Gary .

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2005 2:53 pm    

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your questions. You are right, I AM confused about the answers. The guitar belonged to my grandfather who loved to dabble with many different instruments. When he passed away, I inherited all his instruments, since I'm the music teacher in the family. But I know nothing about pedal steel guitars. I'm hoping to find someone who will love and use this instrument like my grandfather did.
I've just discovered how to upload pics, so I'll add them and hopefully they will answer all your questions.

[This message was edited by Carol Banach on 10 September 2005 at 06:07 PM.]

[This message was edited by Carol Banach on 11 September 2005 at 09:58 PM.]

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 3:08 pm    

Since this is my first time posting for sale here, is it typical for interested buyers to only contact you through email?

Are there others pics I could post? Questions I could answer?
Eagerly awaiting a new home for this beautiful guitar

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 3:27 pm    

Quote:
is it typical for interested buyers to only contact you through email?
Yes.
Just watch out for "buyers" that ask you to send money to Nigeria first!

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 3:33 pm    

Hi Carol. I'm not a shrink so I won't attempt to analyze or explain it but yes, there is something about shopping (or tire kicking) privately, not in public view. I have bought some things off the forum without posting publicly.
Also note that traffic is slower here on weekends.
I would suggest a few photos of the undersides. The mechanical stuff is important and with the significant diversity and evolution (or is that intelligent design?) of mechanism of Sho Buds over the years it would be pretty informative.
Best of luck. This guitar will sell.
...edited for pathetic spelling.....

[This message was edited by Jon Light on 10 September 2005 at 04:34 PM.]

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 3:49 pm    

Thank you for your replies! Reaching for my digital camera for some views from down under

Cliff Kane

the late great golden state
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 4:47 pm    

Carol: I think that's probably a pretty good sounding guitar....it looks very similar to my Show-Bud LDG that I dearly love. BTW, are you parting with any other instruments? I'm always interested in old saxophones and other stuff...many of the folks here are multi-instrumentalists. Good luck with the Bud

Cliff

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 8:13 pm    

Carol-Good advice here. I have a Pro 1 with 6 pedals and 5 knee levers and I love it.

In the pic of the underneath , It looks like it has already been updated.

Yours looks like it was well kept and won't last long at your price.Good luck...al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2005 9:09 pm    

Jon, LOL, was the spelling that bad the first time around? With such technological advice from you and many others, including Al...hot off the press....pics of my...oops, the guitar's underside.

Hopefully that will delight you all

Cliff ~ No, I'm not parting with anymore instruments. I'm rather selfish with the ones I have. And the saxophone belongs to my 14 yr old budding sax diva! Though if some teaching jobs don't send me over the hurdle soon, I may have a gorgeous accordian.

Earnest Bovine ~ both your comment and your name make me smile. I even asked my teen girls if your name could be serious. Even after I've researched most of you who have responded to my ad and read your entries on this forum. So, is there a story behind the name?! Seriously though, I'm reading too much about scams when receiving payments...maybe one of you can direct me to some more advice.

May I say to you all that I've found this forum to be a wonderful place for said dumbfounded keyboard artist to find a suitable home for my grandfathers guitar. Whoever gains this instrument may end up adopting the whole family with it

Gaylon Mathews

Jasper, Georgia
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2005 6:16 am    

In the original post it states 3 knee levers and 3 pedals. According to the photos it has 4 knee levers which is better. That's important info to a steeler looking for a guitar. Hope it helps.

------------------
Gaylon's Homepage
www.gaylonmathews.com

Gretchen Wilson
www.gretchenwilson.com

GFI Ultra D-10, Fender Steel King, GHS Strings, SteelSeat.com

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2005 6:24 am    

Carol,

Chances are very slim that you will get scammed when dealing with forum members. Some people stress in their ad that they will sell to forum members only. Anyone can look at this ad, but registered forumites are the most reliable. Ask for a U.S. money order and cash it before you send the guitar. I wouldn't worry too much about getting taken for a ride here on the forum, if you deal with registered forumites. Even those steel players and dealers not registered are generally reliable. The worst that can happen is somebody backing out of a sale. No big deal really, just inconvenient.

Sell with confidence on the forum!

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2005 8:18 am    

Gaylon :O You are absolutely right! Thank you for noticing. I've edited my original ad. By the way I enjoyed checking out your site. What a wonderful opportunity you handed.

Chris, Thanks for the nudge. You are right about forumites. I've been enjoying reading some of their previous entries. Forumites are true blue in my book.

Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2005 8:47 am    

MMMmmm..Birdseye maple! You have great skill with pic's posted, Carol. A lot of eyes are looking over these I'm sure. Many forumites started getting 'feet wet' with just such a steel like your grampa's..so, I almost hear nostalgic mmm's everywhere. All that's needed now is one more shot of the front 'apron' to set off sparks.
After the convention in St. Louis simmers down, apparently, interest will pick back up here..fairly certain you'll have a buyer PDQ. Warm welcome to you and yours, from ours...JON Z.

[This message was edited by Jon Zimmerman on 11 September 2005 at 09:55 AM.]

[This message was edited by Jon Zimmerman on 11 September 2005 at 10:05 AM.]

Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2005 7:45 pm    

Mmmm
http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum1/HTML/002109.html

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2005 3:41 pm    

My apologies to all those who have emailed their interest. I have replied to each and every one of you, but apparently hotmail has not seen fit to deliver return mail. Please inquire if you are still interested.

For the one who asked what color and price and a picture of the front...this is for you. Ruby red, $1500, and one of my Kindergarten students trying it out

This instrument is just waiting to be adopted!

Many thanks to all who have responded with encouragement and/or interest. You folks are the greatest.

[This message was edited by Carol Banach on 12 September 2005 at 04:49 PM.]

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2005 5:15 pm    

Hi Carol and thanks for the pictures . Ok here i go again . It would be good if we could find out what each knee lever does .I know this may be greek to you but let me ask you to do this . Start with the Left Knee lever left (sitting behind the guitar ) and engage that knee lever and strum down the strings and see what strings change pitch . Maybe the 4&8 strings for that lever .
Then go to the Left Knee lever right and
see which strings change pitch . Then the Right Knee lever left etc. Then the Right Knee lever right . I hope i'm not asking to much but it would help to know this . This is a great looking steel guitar and well maintained . And would be a great guitar to have in my music room . Thanks and best regards , Gary .

Matt Martin

Palm Harbor, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2005 6:12 pm    

Hey Gary, wouldn't you be able to tell what the setup is by looking at the end plate??
If so, it would save her a lot of time and trouble. I'm sure someone out there could tell some how...or am I wrong?? I don't know too much about the setups either.

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2005 9:02 pm    

Gary and Matt ~
I'd be glad to put it together one last time and do the test drive first thing in the morning. Hope someone is around on the forum in case I get stuck.

By the way I have someone from Washington who would like to come and look at it sometime tomorrow. This person is not from the forum. Any advice on safety issues?

See you tomorrow

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2005 11:17 pm    

I can tell by looking at the underneath pics.
Standard Emmons pedal set up.
LKL raises 4&8 half tone
LKR raises 1&7 whole tone(possibly half on 1)
RKL lowers 4&8 half tone
RKR lowers 2nd string a whole tone with half stop and half tone feel on 9th string lower half tone.
Ricky

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2005 11:40 pm    

Ricky ~
I was told that you would know everything there is to know about this instrument! Thanks for sharing.

:O Seems like there are a few night owls about

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2005 11:49 pm    

Quote:
By the way I have someone from Washington who would like to come and look at it sometime tomorrow. This person is not from the forum. Any advice on safety issues?
Yes, make sure you have a friend (preferably male and burly) with you before you let any strange person (of either gender) into your house. Ya never know, and better safe than sorry. Good luck; it's a beautiful guitar.

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2005 7:23 pm    

Been a quiet day for interest level here. I have someone coming to look at it on Thursday with amp and cash in hand. So speak up SOON if you are interested.

Jim, LOL, we already have three strange females living here! And none of us are hurly burly. Are you offering?!

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2005 4:36 pm    

Hello Carol,
I was wondering where you are in Washington. This is only on account of my wife is currently on her way up there to visit her parents who live on Mason Lake. It's outside of Shelton, a little bit down the road from Olympia.
Duncan

Carol Banach

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2005 10:02 pm    

Hello Duncan ~
I'm located in Yelm, about 25 minutes north east of Olympia. Hoping your wife enjoys her visit to Washington. Fall is in the air and the weather has been gorgeous.
My grandfather lived in Port Charlotte, FL...wondering if that is close to you.

[This message was edited by Carol Banach on 14 September 2005 at 11:04 PM.]