The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons WrapAround D-10 Black
Bruce Hamilton

Vancouver BC Canada
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2005 9:00 am    

Emmons wraparound D-10 8&4 Serial# 2192 black mica. Next to the Bigsby the mid 60's Emmons Push Pull guitar with the wrap around necks is probably the most sought after pedal steel guitar that there is. I recently purchased this guitar from a friend and great picker who is semi retiring from playing and did not want to bother with the stress of selling the guitar over the internet.
This is an extremely solid guitar. The legs fit tightly into the endplates and do not wobble. The tuners all work smoothly. I have done a complete setup on the guitar and the pedals and knee levers all work smoothly and positively.The guitar has 100%Emmons parts throughout that are correct for the vintage of the guitar. The only items that do not appear to be orign
al are the plastic decal(I believe they originally came with a stick on decal) and the E9 pickup. This pickup appears to have been swapped out for a newer Emmons pickup. The pickups measure E9 17500ohms C6 16000ohms.
There are some bar dings in the metal especially between the necks however they are superficial and can be buffed out. The formica is generally in great condition for a guitar that is over 40years old. The minor flaws that are present are visible only by viewing at certain angles and lighting. There is one spot in between the key posts on the E9 keyhead where it looks like a drill bit touched down on it. It didn't go through the mica but left a mark. This could be dropped filled by any competent guitar repair person.
The case has been recovered and is in excellent condition.
If you e-mail me please include the words steel guitar in the subject header as we have Mailwasher on our computer and it will bounce back any e-mail that is not clearly identified as not being spam.
This is an opportunity to obtain one the most sought after guitars in the pedal steel guitar world. $5000.00 U.S.+shipping

[This message was edited by Bruce Hamilton on 07 August 2005 at 10:29 AM.]

T. C. Furlong

Lake County, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2005 11:27 am    

Bruce,

I sent you mail.

TC

Bruce Hamilton

Vancouver BC Canada
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2005 12:12 pm    

Guitar has been sold. Donation on the way at completion.

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2005 12:52 pm    

I agree with Bruce that the '65 wraparound D-10 Emmons (and the very few '64 guitars that were made) are the most sought after pedal steel guitar second only to BIGSBY-Congrats to T.C. I am anxious for my friend to bring his new toy over to compare with my favorite '65