The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ZB on eBay.
Charles Dempsey

Shongaloo, LA
Post  Posted 14 May 2005 12:22 pm    

There's a ZB D-10 on eBay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7321894383

It's only a few miles from me so I went up and kicked the tires.

Color is a bit more reddish than the first photos, and more like the last photo. Seems to be in good condition. Pretty inlay. The finish on the front apron is a bit dull. Don't know if it would polish out, but I don't see why not. There's a couple of bar dings between the necks. I didn't see any other cosmetic issues, but I didn't use the magnifying glass.

The owner played it for me, and it sounds really good. Day setup. I played it a little but couldn't tell much about it except that the pedal feel is about like my Emmons p/p, which I think is a bit stiff. The knees were pretty light.

The case is in pretty good condition too. Covering is worn on the bottom rear. No major dings. Latches and handle are intact.

The owner's a really nice guy. Sixty-something. Has shoulder problems. Can't lift. Giving up on steel. Says he's not a good player anyway, but he ripped off a few that I thought were pretty good. Oh well.

It's an interesting axe, but I'm not going to bid on it. What I need right now is a modern SD-10.

Charlie

Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 14 May 2005 3:51 pm    

"The guitar has 8 floor and 3 knee levers in the Day setup (which is as God intended steels to be setup)."

Nice to be on God's side!

Russ

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2005 3:56 pm    

Now Russ, don't you be bidding again. You already have 'em all. Leave some for the rest of us. BTW, both of your ZB's look fantastic.
Duncan

Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 14 May 2005 6:14 pm    

No interest here! I have to fix the ones I have. You might take a stab at it? It won't look as good as the one you have but the poor fellow needs a good home.

Russ