The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender FV-l electric violin
Dick Shive

Wood River, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2005 4:08 pm    

I purchased this from Musicians Friend, item no. 510459, list at $714.25 , their price $499.98. My firm price is $395.00 plus $30.00 shipping and insurance. This is an almost new violin, played not more than approx. 4 hrs. It has not left my home since purchase, no scratches, like new. The color is ebony polished black. Fingerboard, tuning pegs, tail piece, and chin rest are ebony wood. There is an adjustable chest rest which comes off if preferred and is padded. The body is chambered,solid spruce top, maple back and sides. Comes with case, horsehair bow, resin, elec. cable, chest rest, to make for more comfort in playing and keep sweat off instrument. Case is hard rectangle, shaped, padded inside, plush red, with storage on one end for tuner, resin, chest rest, and elec. chord. I intended to learn to play it, but I spend so much time on my D-10 pedal steel and Dobro that I've found I don't have time to learn it. This is the same as the instrument Sjogi Tabuchi in Branson Mo. plays, his is white, although with his money he probably has both colors. I will take pictures and have them available to email to serious, requesting buyers. The instrument also has a volume and tone control also fine tuning screws at the tail piece.It plays and sounds great, I wish I had the time to give to learning it, At age 73 I don't do anything as fast as I use to. I'll be glad to answer any and all questions you may have. Music storage compartment or what ever, on outside of lid. Zipper and lock closure with key. .

------------------
Dick The Steeler

[This message was edited by Dick Shive on 01 May 2005 at 05:13 PM.]