The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  FS: Beard Road-O-Phonic
David Ward

White Rock, BC,Canada
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2005 9:42 am    

Beard Road-O-Phonic made in 2000. Sorry, no pics but here is an accurate description:

Curly Walnut body in perfect condition. There are absolutely no scratches or bar dents on it. The body looks great. The sunburst on the top is relatively heavy.

The coverplate has the normal pick marks and is discolored on half of the palm rest and where your wrist would sit on it. Some of this will buff out, but not to the point that the coverplate will look new - there will be that patina of age and use.

The TKL gig bag is like new.

I've had this guitar for a short period of time. When I first got it, the Lace pick-up was buzzing. I took it to the shop and the problem was the soldering on the jack and was repaired. The Lace pick-up seems hot to me through a guitar amp, but very quiet when run through a D.I. box into the main board.

Reason for selling: I've always wanted to try a Road-O-Phonic for performance situations. It is a great guitar and has the quality of workmanship for which Beard is known. The bottom line is that I just prefer the sound of a reso miked with a SM57. Old fashioned, I guess.

$875.00 plus $30.00 shipping.
Will ship from Bellingham, WA

Edward Efira

California, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2005 9:59 am    

David,
Is your Road-O-Phonic equipped with both a Lace and a Fishman P/U ?
Thanks,

Ed

------------------
ShoBud Pro III 8&5, ShoBud Pro I 4&4, Fessenden D10 8&8, Emmons PP 4&5

David Ward

White Rock, BC,Canada
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2005 10:33 am    

Yes, it has both pick-ups plus the stereo to mono Y-adapter. I ran them through different channels so they could be eq'd separately. I used two D.I.'s as the Lace is hot enough that it had to be attenuated and the bridge pick-up did not.

I will be away from the computer until Saturday morning and will answer any further questions as soon as I can.

Thanks for your interest.

David