The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons LeGrande ? 8&7
Dale Dorsey

Granger, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2005 6:57 am    

It's for sale and I've been asked to put it on here for inquiries. I won't be able to take pictures until next week and I'm not sure if it's a LeGrande II or what. I do know the following. It belonged to Buddy...(for sure), it has 8 & 7, it is Rosewood Mica and like new condition. It is owned by Elmer Hobar in South Bend and he has asked me to help him sell it on the forum. First inquiries will get first pictures, when available and first dibs on this one, provided they get me back an answer within a reasonable amount of time. I understand the guitar is a good one. Not sure of price until I find out exactly what it is and take some pictures. If I knew more, I would tell you, by next weekend....I'll have all info.

Roger Kelly

Bristol,Tennessee
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2005 12:44 pm    

Dale Check your mail.

Dale Dorsey

Granger, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2005 6:47 pm    

A little update and sorry, I don't mean for this to be a teaser..but I just can't get to the guitar yet to take pics. Here is more of what I learned tonight. It seems the serial #, according to Elmer is 002. Buddy traded this guitar to his cousin in South Bend long ago for an early 60's PP and Elmer eventually wound up with it. In short, they've all grown up together. It does not have a LeGrande name on it but some kind of an emblem and Elmer believes it was the 2nd LeGrande ever made...for Buddy of course. So, I will get pics asap but probably won't happen for a few more days when I can get over there to do it. There is a ton of interest in this one. I also understand it has double pickups on each neck with numerous settings and is clean as a whistle. I'll let everyone know more soon. I know pictures are needed. He is a good friend and I'm helping him out.