The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Praise for Duane
Jim Ives

Los Angeles, California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2005 2:33 pm    

I just got a Zum D-10 from Duane's Music. The guitar is everything he said it would be, he was very informative and patient with me, and the shipping was fast. His dealings with me were reliable and deserving of praise.
-Jim

------------------
Mullen D-10 -or- Zum D-10
Lexicon MPX 100
Fulltone Full-Drive II
Evans FET 500 -or-
Peavey Nashville 1000
Vox wah-wah pedal
My dog Toby sittin' on the floor listening

Jimmie Martin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2005 3:25 pm    

i bought a carter d-10 and just got a goodrich ldr pedal and i couldn't expect any more reliable service and honesty. i hope that duane's business grows way past his expectations. keep up the good work duane.

Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2005 7:31 pm    

hi Duane,
The two previous posts certainly document your commitment to high quality, personal service for your customers. Great! See you in Waterloo Feb.26-27. ...lefty

Bill Taft

Sturgeon Mo. USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2005 7:49 pm    

I just got my peavey 112 from Duane and used it Saturday night on a job and I feel I got the best deal in the world no matter so much the price, but is was a great deal but I know when Duane tells you something you can count on it being the way he said, so now I have my new Peterson coming from Duane, he received it Monday and took the time to get it ready to mail it to me closed his doors for a few minutes and went to the post office and sent it to me and then emailed me and said it was on the way now that is how I like to be treated he gives everyone a 110%.
Thanks Duane For All.

------------------
ZUM 2003 Black SD-10 Peavey 112 Amp and if needed my 1985 Evans FET 500 LV Custom Amp.

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2005 9:27 pm    

I have know Duane through emails, phone and bought a guitar from him, several years agao.
AS for the good comments above, Ditto for me.. I have the highest respect for Duane.....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

John Pelz

Kettering, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2005 10:14 pm    

Last year I bought a 1939 Rickenbacker Model 59 lap steel from Duane. This steel, which is the 2nd one I've ever owned (I'm a beginner), happened to be the first I'd ever bought w/o first physically seeing in person, tho Duane did supply plenty of good pics. This was also the first piece of musical equipment that I'd ever had shipped thru the gorilla-companies (FedEx, UPS -- take your pick), and, after reading all sorts of horror-stories here at the Forum, I was awfully nervous at the prospect of shipping this steel.

Duane, however, very patiently reassured me that the statistics were on my side when it came to shipping, and even more patiently put up with my many newbie-questions before I finally decided to take the plunge & buy the steel. As I look back on it, what really stands out is Duane's patience & graciousness in dealing with my numerous bone-headed questions & concerns. I've been around the block a time or two since then, and with hindsight I realize that Duane really went the extra mile for me.

And what do you know? -- the steel showed up promptly, in fine shape, and was exactly like Duane described it.

Like Bill says above, if Duane says it, you can count on it. Duane is one of the "good guys," and is a pleasure to do business with.

BTW, Duane's URL is http://duanesmusic.com/

------------------
1937 Rickenbacher B6 & original Standard amp
1939 Rickenbacher 59
1952 Fender Dual 8 Professional
early 1960s National Dynamic
Peavey Delta Blues amp

Lem Smith

Long Beach, MS
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2005 3:25 am    

Duane is good people!!! I am VERY proud to be able to call Duane Dunard a good friend of mine. An honest and dependable business man. If Duane tells you a rooster dips snuff, look under it's wing and you'll find a can!

Lem

George King

Woodlawn,Illinois
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2005 8:15 am    

Duane is a strait foreward, honest ,professional man to deal with.I've had several good experiences trading with Duane.He's top of the line.Great Guy,I wish there were more like him.Thanks George

Joe Allwood

Russell, IA 50238
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2005 8:43 am    

Duane sold me my first pedal steel back in 1987...I still haven't gotten even! Best guy you'd ever have the opportunity to do business with and a darned excellent picker to boot!

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2005 10:05 am    

I don't often heap praise on a dealer because I have many dealer friends and don't wish to place one above the other. I know several really fine dealers but I don't know one any finer than Duane. I bought both of my Nashville 112s from Duane and the price was right and service outstanding and I am truly amazed at these Nashville 112s.
Jerry

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2005 1:45 pm    

Well,,, I wish you guys would knock it off. Your gon'na have all the other dealers upset over all this unfounded praise. Thanks for the kind words, and business aside,it's been an honor to be a small part of your lives. D.D.

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2005 6:06 am    

What Jerry said -
If Duane tells you about a product you can "take it to the bank". The man's word is gold - a real pleasure to do business with, treats you with dignity and respect.
John Buffington, Pres. OSGA

joe long

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2005 7:42 am    

Just to give a little bump for a great business person and individual. I still have the 2 LeGrand III's and the Evans amp I purchased from Duane's Music. Met Duane for the first time last year at the Dallas show. He is a very honest individual and I would not hesitate to make another purchase from him. When I am looking for something Duane is the first person I call.

Bob Dell

Siloam Springs,Ar. 72761 (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 9:06 pm    

I'm with Roller and Buff......you "CANNOT GO WRONG" dealing with my friend Duane. He's as straight a shooter as you will ever find.
My 2 cents.
Bob Dell

Larry Gerdeman

Missouri, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 6:36 am    

Hey guys I'm one of the lucky ones I live only about 30 miles from Duane and not only get to buy my equipment and supplies from him,but I get to vist with him on a regular basis. He is number 1 in my book. I also get to hear him play from time to time he's pretty good at that too. Thanks Duane for the deals and the friendship. Larry

------------------