The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  '78 Gibson ES-335 TD
Geoff Brown

Nashvegas
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2005 9:13 am    

Selling my old friend. Guitar is finished in walnut. It is very dark, and looks black from 3 feet away (people always commented on my "black" guitar). The guitar is all original except for:

control knobs are replaced with gold tophats. I have 3 of the original black witchhat knobs, which I'll include with the guitar.

Schaller tuners. I have the originals. They work fine and are also included.

The guitar comes with a Bigsby B3 vibrato tailpiece. This is a USA-made, machined aluminum Bigsby I have had since the early 80's...not the cheaper die-cast import model that is now widely available. The B3 requires no drilling in the top, and works fine. I'll include the original trapeze tailpiece as well, so you can use whatever you wish.

The guitar is in great shape, with a number of small dings here and there, as you would expect on a guitar of this age. There is light checking on the top...again nothing unusual. No buckle rash on the back. There is some mild worming, but it's quite light, and certainly doesn't penetrate the finish. There are no cracks or other funny stuff. This guitar has never had, or needed a repair. The only ding of any consequence is on the neck at the 12th fret. It's a perpendicular nick, 1/2" long that does not penetrate the wood. I never bothered to do anything about it, as I just got used to it. This would be an easy and inexpensive drop-fill fix if you wanted it done. Frets are low and wide, with a good amount of wear. I have replaced the nut, and the guitar has a new Nashville bridge, with freshly cut saddles.

The guitar has a stock coil-split switch, which opens the guitar up to a wide range of tones. Nice single-coil, stratty sounds from the neck, and the bridge pup when split gets you into the twang zone. Very versatile guitar that will cover blues, rock, and country very nicely.

The guitar will come in a brown Gibson case, in nearly-new condition. This guitar has served me well over the years, and is a great player. It is in better-than-average condition for a 27-y.o. guitar. Used but not abused. $1500.00 plus shipping. I should have some pics later today, if anyone would like to see some, you can email me at:

bluzdelux@mailblocks.com

Thanks!

[This message was edited by Geoff Brown on 15 February 2005 at 09:29 AM.]

Silvio Bello

Los Angeles, California USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2005 5:06 pm    

Hi Geoff...get my e-mail ?

Geoff Brown

Nashvegas
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2005 6:07 pm    

My apologies to you guys who have emailed me. I just got home from downtown. Got caught up in some work-related stuff. I have just shot a few pics. They are not terribly good, but I'll email them to you guys shortly. I'll get some good pics tommorrow morning that will be better. Thanks.

Geoff Brown

Nashvegas
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 6:47 am    

On hold, sale pending.

Geoff Brown

Nashvegas
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 11:32 pm    

She's sold. b0b, you'll have some $$ coming your way in a week or so. Thanks