The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  D10 MSA 8+3 pre Micro with chrome fretboards
Forrest Lee Jr

Waverly, TN
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2004 7:22 pm    

OK guys... I bought this steel on the Forum not long ago and have never touched the front neck. I have no idea what tuning was set up on it or what pedals were ste up for the front neck. The back neck is E9 and the knees are LKL raise E's, RKR lower E's. I hooked up the RKL to drop the 2nd string. I got it tuned up and playing good but the knee levers are stiff (at least the LKL is) another thing is the left knee lever is too far to the left for me to comfortably use it. Hence, I'm putting it back on the forum. Also the binding is broken on the player side top (I have all the peices to glue back on) But thats going to need some TLC. The fretboards are the chrome MSA boards. It's a cool collectable but as far as playability, it needs more TLC. I've used it on a couple recordings and it sounds good but the versatility issues with the knee levers are my problem with it. Also, the volume pots on the tail need a good cleaning.
The serial # is 200168 so if Reece would be so kind as to date this baby... I'd love to know. I will pay my 2.5% donation upon sale to Bob, so if ya wanna see pics you can check it out on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=621&item=3756989625&rd=1 &ssPageName=WDVW
I hope someone will restore it because it is a nice project, but it is a project at this point. I'd like to sell it outright or trade it for a good SD10. Also if anybody has a Gibson Les Paul Artisan, I'll trade and throw in a few bucks! (I'll still pay my 2.5% on value)

------------------
Forrest Lee Jr.

[This message was edited by Forrest Lee Jr on 28 October 2004 at 08:26 PM.]

[This message was edited by Forrest Lee Jr on 28 October 2004 at 08:48 PM.]

[This message was edited by Forrest Lee Jr on 28 October 2004 at 08:50 PM.]

Jimmie Martin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2004 4:13 am    

500.00 buy it?

Forrest Lee Jr

Waverly, TN
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2004 7:05 am    

Nope, but I admire you for trying...
I need to get $950 out of it. I'll continue to use it in my studio until then. The knees and Pedals for the E9 neck are hooked up and work fine. The reason I said it's a project is because the front neck is not setup and the binding needs fixed.
The case is an old Sho Bud case. at least thats what I was told.
I'm up in Seattle now so anybody wanting a steel around here (and let me tell ya... there are very few for sale around here)
You can come by the studio and play it.

Thanks,
Forrest